To achieve our ambitious plans and company vision, Sales Technology, a commercially focused product organisation, is looking for a highly organised, process and data driven analyst to positively move key metrics. As a Senior Business analyst, you will work within a technology squad to go deep into key areas that pertain to the Restaurant Lifecycle from Sales and Sign-up, Legal and Compliance and Service and Support.
You will work closely with cross-functional teams including product, engineering, legal & compliance, procurement, finance, data science, and our operations teams to drive adoption of utilisation of our core Sales Technology stack. The role is global and will involve working with both central and local stakeholders across our 12 markets. As a Senior Business Analyst you will have a:
- Deep critical thinking to ask the right questions and scope hypotheses to solve complex problems
- Embraces long-term ownership of initiatives from inception through to delivery
- Uncovers dependencies and orchestrates the right resources to enable the team
- Expert in the relevant technical and operational concepts that are relevant to their team or group
- Understands how the needs of the team varies throughout the product life cycle, adapts approaches accordingly. Establishes processes to make the team faster and more effective.
- Communication - Plays an active role in building trust and resolving conflict that impacts their team and functions
- Contributes to product roadmap and ideas cross-functionally
- Effective communicator that consistently wins buy-in and alignment at the group level
- Positive contribution to the team in general by providing feedback
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Business Analysis, you’ll secure insights and deeply understand our restaurant partners and business users needs with particular emphasis on acquiring and on-boarding B2B partners such as Restaurants.
- Develop a clear project plan and being clear on who is responsible for actions (RAPID / RACII)
- You will be comfortable working cross functionally with operational teams and have solid process mapping experience
- You will be expected to write effective user stories to help drive engineering execution within your squad
- Understand how Objectives Key Results are used to drive teams towards common goals and high-impact outcomes
- You will have a deep understanding of the Salesforce (Sales Cloud and/or Service Cloud) and be certified
- Be comfortable leading a global workstream including managing a priortised backlog (Jira), managing stakeholder expectations and delivering on-time within budget
- Create clear communications to ensure operations fully understand our product changes and can easily realise the full value of them
- 5+ years in a Business Analyst role
- Business Analysis Foundation and/or practice
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Jira, process tooling such as Visio, Blueworks or similar
- Knowledge of a Project Management methodology such as PRINCE2
- Big Picture Vision - to zoom out from what is currently done and see why it is we need to do it. Able to quickly draw parallels and consolidate activities from diverse activities.
- Analytical Mindset - to break down monolithic problems into clearly distinct and digestible issues and then identify options to resolve them
- Stakeholder Partnership - to engage, influence and excite a varied team from across multiple business units and help instil a joint feeling of ownership and pride in any transformations
- Project and Change Champion - to appreciate good but pragmatic project delivery practice and the importance of managing change to ensure successful implementation
- Effective Communicator - to build and sustain effective communications with other roles involved in the project including establishing a good working relationship with the Sponsor
- Flexible approach - tailor expert knowledge to meet specific circumstances
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits And Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space