Please note: this role is a temporary contract for 6 months for maternity cover from April 2021 to October 2021 (possibly longer). As a key member of the Dutch marketing team, you will be responsible for our most important national marketing campaigns and brand partnerships. You will partner closely with the Dutch commercial team and with our key restaurant and food partners to create, execute and evaluate impactful year plans and campaigns delivering outstanding results. In addition, you will be in charge of our yearly marketing campaign calendar, ensuring all different campaigns and promotions are planned effectively and strategically.
You will be the key point of contact within the Marketing team for our key partners (usually national chains), and will be building and maintaining an excellent relationship with them. By effectively using our data, you will help our partners to optimize their propositions, define the right promotions and increase order volume on our platform. You will also ensure Deliveroo is included in our partners’ marketing plans, develop co-branded campaigns and engage our partners for new city launches.
In addition, you will be in charge of our own national marketing campaigns (both brand as well as promotional), managing these from the initial briefing all the way to the final evaluation. This includes briefing our creative studio, ensuring the right assets are created and delivered to media partners, informing our commercial teams well in advance about campaign planning and using data to define the right promotional mechanisms. You will also ensure our campaigns resonate well with the Dutch consumer, by having both qualitative and quantitative market research conducted.
Successful candidates will possess superior relationship management skills and a natural ability to think strategically to solve business problems. A self-starter, he/she will partner consultatively with our partners, proactively identifying ways to support and enable their growth. This role reports to the Marketing Director.
- Partnership management: In close partnership with the Key Account Manager and Marketing Director, build and maintain relationships with our key restaurant and food partners, as well as other partners in different industries
- Campaign management: Create, manage and evaluate effective and impactful marketing campaigns, and ensure all campaigns are grounded in data-driven insights
- Strategic planning and project management: Position Deliveroo as a valued marketing consultant to partners through close collaboration to build annual co-marketing plans
- Data analysis: Plan and evaluate campaigns based on internal and external data, in order to maximize performance and improve campaign effectiveness
- Market research: Brief and work together with our research department and external research agencies to conduct market research, in order to gain relevant consumer insights for the Dutch market
- Promotional excellence: Build, implement and iterate a framework for promotional strategy that enables us to scale campaigns efficiently and effectively
- Customer-centricity: Become an expert in our partners’ businesses and identify win-win opportunities to drive business impact. Partner with product and channel leads (eg. CRM) to develop a deep understanding of marketing-relevant features and functionality we can and/or should make available to our restaurants.
- Brand: Ensure a consistent look and feel of all (brand) campaigns, localise global campaigns while taking into account local needs and work closely together with our Studio and Agency to create effective campaign materials.
- 2-4 years marketing experience leading 360 marketing campaigns, ideally in the food, technology, or FMCG sectors
- Superb relationship management skills and an ability to operate across levels
- Project management expertise and an ability to seamlessly handle competing demands and prioritise effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in both Dutch and English
- Growth mindset, bias towards collaboration and strong problem-solving skills
- Highly proactive, with an ability to set strategy and operate independently
- Previous consulting or partnerships experience, especially with restaurant groups or the food sector is a plus
- Flexible attitude to working hours, our business is not 9 - 5 and sometimes we work outside of these hours too
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, or similar, or equivalent professional experience
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 7 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 7 years and we operate in 11 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide. In the Netherlands, Deliveroo is currently active in 18 cities, with plans to expand rapidly in 2021.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in under 35 minutes.
And we’re just getting started!
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.