As Deliveroo increases its focus on customer retention and loyalty, we’re looking for an experienced and customer-centric Global CRM director to lead our fast growing CRM function across consumers and riders. Your remit will include ensuring more customers opt-into our marketing communications, increasing frequency and retention through optimised and automated lifecycle comms, growing consumer engagement through testing, launching and rolling out different types of engagement campaigns. Above all, you will create a compelling and strategic vision for CRM. You will also work very closely with our CRM Product manager and Data Scientists to ensure we build strong CRM foundations, enabling us to support more targeted, relevant and personalised campaigns.
Success in this role will require the ability to operate at a strategic level, while maintaining a strong bias for operational excellence. Driving to fast execution is key in this role.
What you will be doing
- Create strategic vision for CRM across multiple touchpoints (email, push, SMS, in-app messaging), and align team/ stakeholders
- Hire, manage and coach team of CRM managers and executives across Consumer and Rider CRM to create and execute on lifecycle and marketing campaigns
- Manage Consumer CRM incentives budget
- Ensure we meet incremental orders targets at a defined Cost per Incremental Order target
- Report on performance
- Review current CRM KPIs and amend as needed
- Work closely with Data Science to ensure CRM performance is measured robustly
- Work closely with Product/Tech to identify and prioritise any engineering work required (e.g. automation)
- Provide guidance, best practices and indirectly manage in-country CRM leads responsible for local execution of bespoke campaigns.
- 10+ years work experience, including relevant CRM experience in high-growth consumer facing environments
- Bias towards action
- Experience managing geographically dispersed teams
- Excellent project management and communication skills including the ability to influence stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen
- Strong knowledge of marketplace businesses/ experience in a high-growth business environment or start-up a plus
- Experience working with Braze a plus
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.