Strategy and Planning Managers in Technology help accelerate the output and efficiency of the Technology team. They divide their time between solving complex, cross-functional problems, ensuring that the priorities of the Tech team are aligned with the business and devising processes to ensure that our plans are on track. The position sits within the Product team but will work with senior stakeholders across Product, Engineering, Data Science and Experience.
What you’ll be doing
- Solve complex problems that cut across groups and functions in Technology
- Ensure that our Technology roadmap is aligned to business goals
- Coordinate monthly business reviews to understand performance against our quarterly plans
- Take a lead role in preparing presentations for the executive team, Board or firm-wides
- Collaborate with and support Product Leadership to maintain a world class Product team and working environment
- Consulting / in-house strategy, investment banking or private equity experience
- Passionate about solving complex, ambiguous problems
- Ability to summarise complex problems for senior management
- A motivated and flexible self starter who can prioritise a challenging, evolving workload
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience presenting to, managing and collaborating with senior stakeholders
- Highly analytical and strong quantitative skills (excellent Excel/Google Sheet skills)
Preferred, but not required
- Past experience working with senior stakeholders in Technology (e.g. Chief Technology Officer, Chief Product Officer)
- Experience in SQL
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of attractive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.