Product Management at Deliveroo takes many forms, and involves many facets. We’re a consumer-facing brand, with websites and mobile apps which help customers find great quality food which can be brought to them to satisfy their needs any time day or night.
We’re a logistics company, directing a fleet of drivers around major cities across the globe using a dedicated native app.
We’re a partner to restaurants, who see us as a way to unlock access to new customers and thus maximize the revenue of their existing business.
And we’re a home for numerous internal teams building internally facing tools for customer service, finance, and others, to keep the operation running effectively.
Life as a product manager can mean working on any or all of these areas, in order to deliver value to customers, drivers, and restaurants. Day to day, you’ll tackle new, interesting business problems, and find innovative, creative ways to solve them. We’re seeking brilliant and motivated Product Managers to help us keep moving things forward.
Growth Marketing is the cross-functional set of teams within Deliveroo’s Consumer organisation, formed of engineers, data scientists and marketing specialists that is responsible for acquiring and retaining high-quality consumers through our digital marketing channels. Channels owned by the team include but not exclusive to search engine marketing, paid social, SEO, affiliate marketing, proprietary referral programmes and CRM (lifecycle email/push marketing). We are seeking an experienced product manager to head up this domain and play an integral role in achieving our company’s growth plans.
As Group Product Manager for this area you will get to:
- Be responsible for defining the long term product strategy for maximising financially sustainable growth via our performance marketing channels. Work within a cross-functional technical team of engineers, data scientists, data engineers, UX designers and marketing specialists to execute on that product vision by building new capabilities for the business.
- Ensure that consumers’ experience with Deliveroo in our marketing channels is consistent, relevant and tackles the unique hyper-locality of our business. Works with UX designers and full-stack teams to create smooth end-to-end new user journeys, from ad impression through to purchase and early life-cycle retention.
- Use rapid experimentation to find new growth opportunities to scale up our customer acquisition engine, both through developing new marketing channels and finding new ways to use existing channels.
- Collaborate closely with the Global Director of Performance Marketing to leverage technology to improve operational processes through automation and create stronger decision-making capabilities.
- Collaborate closely with Marketing Analytics to improve the quality of measurement, drive structured performance management through clear reporting and make data-informed trade-offs to maximise the impact of spend and execution.
Your key stakeholders are the Chief Customer Officer, VP Consumer Product, VP Loyalty and the Global Director of Performance Management.
As a candidate for this role you:
- Have extensive domain expertise in building or working with digital marketing systems.
- Have Product Management experience in a similar size or scaling tech company
- Have a track-record for defining the strategy to tackle ambiguous problem spaces and for building teams from the ground-up to execute on your plans.
- Have experience working in a global, consumer business with geographically distributed teams.
- Are highly detail-oriented and thrive in a scrappy environment where impact and velocity of execution are paramount.
- Are highly analytical and can collaborate effectively with Data Scientists to define new measurement frameworks, make data-led decisions and contribute to financial planning.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.