Chief of Staff to the CTO
The Chief of Staff will help develop our tech organisation and will have an immediate impact on our productivity, driving strategic initiatives, overseeing programme management and communicating objectives between departments. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a similar role, with a special focus on leadership advising and cross-functional collaboration.
Objectives of this Role:
- Oversee strategic business initiatives from development through to successful execution under the guidance of senior leadership and departmental heads.
- Assist and communicate with executives in decision-making, program management and initiative implementation.
- Review, design, and execute on improvements to organisational structure, find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them.
- Improve and create processes and coordinate organisational procedures for optimised efficiency and productivity.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Serve as a liaison between staff, executives, senior leaders and C levels - regarding company health and environment, employee well-being, project updates, proposals and planning.
- Collaborate with the people and staffing team with planning, headcount allocation and hiring.
- Oversee daily operations through collaboration with senior management and department leaders.
- Build and develop relationships with all employees for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies, working with the CTO and executives on special projects.
- Serve as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of communications.
- *Required* to have experience working closely with engineers & engineering teams
- Education in an engineering related degree is desirable or extensive exposure within a tech environment.
- 10 years+ experience, within a Chief of Staff, business/executive management, engineering or similar role.
- Excellent communicator, written and verbal.
- Experienced in planning and leading strategic initiatives.
- Proven experience organising and directing multiple teams and departments.
Who We Are:
At Deliveroo we’re striving to build London’s best engineering organisation, our ambition is to be the definitive food company, feeding people three times a day with great food from the World's best-loved restaurants, all with an unparalleled level of convenience.
From distributed computing to large-scale system design, complex algorithms to beautiful user interfaces, we have teams working on every step of the journey, in real-time, to ensure we continue to offer our customers a growing selection of choice at the best price with a fantastic level of service.
We work with thousands of restaurants worldwide, from renowned local gems to your favourite chains, allowing them to open up a new revenue stream and reach new customers. Our restaurant partners, riders and customers are as passionate about food as we are, and if you want to make an impact on millions of users by solving some of the biggest technical challenges at great scale, come on board and join the ride.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexuality, disability, age, marital, parental or veteran status, or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.