When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome. But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide (France : > 11 000 restaurants, > 170 people, > 10 000 riders)
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries, it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year, and Amazon was key contributor of the latest fundraising of half a billion€. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
As Key Account Manager, reporting to the Head of Key Accounts, you will:
- Be fully in charge of a portfolio of key accounts like BK, Jour, Sushi Shop, Pokawa, Pizza Hut...
- Build productive relationships, as prefered partner and expert of food / foodtech
- Sign profitable deals, with joint business plans that you will closely follow up
- Analyse the performance of your portfolio and take adequate measures to boost Top and Bottom line
- Implement marketing and promo campaigns
- Closely follow the operations (management of orders, collaboration with partners)
- At least 5 years of experience, preferably in a position of Key Account Manager
- Strong sales skills, and track record of business development success
- Strong analytical skills
- Data-driven decision making mentality
- Entrepreneurship way of thinking and working (proactivity and sense of initiative)
- Solution oriented
- Team player, working a matrical environment with Sales, Marketing and Ops
- Fluency in French and English
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you have helped build. We're moving real assets and reinventing the logistics of food delivery
- Work in a fun, exciting company culture with people who enjoy what they are doing
- Being part of a team instigating the expansion of a global brand
- The opportunity to make an impact and grow with the business
- Regular off-sites with the team
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.