When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We are seeking to hire an engaging and inspiring Sales Trainer to organise, plan and execute training sessions for our global restaurant sales team. Your role will ensure the success of our sales reps through the facilitation of training for new employees during their on-boarding, partnering with Sales Managers to ensure their team members have the skills and knowledge to meet and possibly exceed their targets. You will conduct a training needs analysis to refine and design training initiatives to address any skill and knowledge gaps. You will have an opportunity to combine a passion for teaching/coaching and enthusiasm for technology, to drive learning and establish positive relationships with restaurants for both new and tenured sales employees.
In addition to training on our core sales process and psychology, you will be at the forefront of new product launches and organizational changes, helping our teams flex and grow their process to meet business changes. Comfortable leading group and individual sessions, we are looking for a dynamic and knowledgeable coach that provides a true support system for our sales team.
- You will deliver training sessions to the Restaurants sales organization in both new hire and continued-learning environments
- You will identify needs within the organization and deliver trainings to improve and influence results
- You will be expected to work effectively with the Instructional Designer, your immediate team and the sales support teams, remaining open to feedback and excelling in group collaboration
- Effectively engage your audience as a dynamic and interactive presenter
- Provide one-on-one coaching to sales representatives, acting as an available resource and guide
- Ensure that all new Sales team members receive the best on-boarding experience through the facilitation of effective sales training
- Partner with Sales Managers to ensure that their team members have the knowledge and skills to meet their sales targets in their first 3 months deliver a training curriculum for tenured sales reps i.e. advanced sales skills, industry and market knowledge, product, process and systems training
- Conduct regular coaching and mentoring to share best practice across the Sales organisation
- Conduct employee training using a variety of instructional techniques and delivery methods, including classroom-based and virtual learning to create an engaging learner experience
- Continuously conduct needs assessments (in close coordination with stakeholders from sales, marketing, product teams, etc.) to ensure accurate, effective training content
- Provide guidance within the sales organization and share best practices
- Keep informed of new training methods and techniques
- Support ad hoc sales training/enablement special projects as needed
- 2+ years in a sales training role - including classroom based delivery
- Sales experience with experience providing support and coaching teams is also a bonus /experience in creating and delivering sales specific training programs which enable inexperienced teams to achieve sales KPIs within a set timeframe / experience working as a successful quota carrying sales representative (ideally in Telesales)
- You excel with public speaking and in situations where you're delivering new ideas
- You are a curious and autonomous self-starter
- You're an effective communicator and can diffuse even high-tension situations with ease
- You have a passion for training and the learning environments that you create; you're committed to the success of others
- You're adaptable and can think on your feet; you excel in an ever-changing environment
- You thrive in a team environment You're a bright, critical thinker; you can make complex things simple You're always looking for ways to improve You deliver feedback directly with a high degree of maturity and professionalism
- You have interest and/or experience in data analytics, the tracking of success behind what happens in the classrooms
- Excellent communication skills to effectively facilitate training workshops that is engaging for all participants
- Strong ability to coach and inspire confidence in others
- Proven ability to interact, consult and build partnership with people at all levels of the organisation Training Manager Qualifications BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and industry experience Experience using an LMS (Learncore/Showpad/Highspot/Seismic preferred), and virtual conferencing platform (Google hangouts etc.)
- Experience creating, managing and reporting on training program metrics
- Experience with an Enterprise Learning Management System (LMS) to schedule and manage training activities
- Experience using the G-suite.
- 40-50% travel to include international locations
- Experience with cloud technology products and services
- Ability to make decisions when all necessary information is not available
- Flexible and understands how to get things done in an unstructured environment
- Capable of identifying needs or gaps in sales techniques and performance
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills required with an overall positive and professional disposition
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Able to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines, possess a high level of self-motivation, and have an excellent work ethic
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.