When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome, right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
And we’re just getting started
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest-growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
During your internship, you will be part of the "Business Operations and Strategy" (BOS) team in France. You will help the BOS team to achieve its main goal within Deliveroo: continuously improve the performance and efficiency of Sales teams to maintain our leading position over the French meal delivery market. This role will begin in January 2020.
Your responsibilities include:
- Data Analysis Support: Like any Tech startup, Deliveroo's performance is largely data-driven. During your internship, one of your missions will be to provide our Business Development team with analytical support.
- Restaurant Experience support: you will support our Restaurant Operations Manager in his daily missions, such as supplying equipment to restaurants. Together, you will ensure the quality of our service and the maintenance of the privileged relationship with partner restaurants.
- Account Management support: Finally, like the entire BOS team, you will be required to work daily with the entire Account Management team on many processes and projects in Paris and in the regions.
- Masters degree, business or engineering school
- Skills required: organization, rigour, ease of communication, motivation, inquisitive and versatile
- Fluent French and English
- Strong knowledge of Excel, good analytical skills and comfortable with numbers
- A passion for cooking and gastronomy
- Available to start a new role in January 2020
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you have helped build. We're moving real assets and reinventing the logistics of food delivery
- Work in a fun, exciting company culture with people who enjoy what they are doing
- Being part of a team instigating the expansion of a global brand
- The opportunity to make an impact and grow with the business
- Regular off-sites with the team
- Office lunches once a month and more than enough free food from Deliveroo
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to anyone of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing start-ups around.