When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
As we build out our Early Careers function, we’re looking for someone to join the team to help us coordinate a whole host of activities such as onsite assessment centre’s, interview screenings, on campus activity for grads and MBA students, apprenticeship programme support.
We’re early on in our programme development so you’ll play a key role in helping us bring a number of different programmes to life and be the glue that holds us all together. We’ll be looking to you to be super organised and attentive to what each programme will need and the timeframes in mind. You’ll also be the owner for internal work experience programmes and play a key role in helping out on each project as and when required.
This is a really exciting role for someone who has a passion for the early careers space and wants to work for a company who have a real desire to create best in class programmes that will be the foundation of our hiring strategies for years to come. You'll be working alongside experienced early careers programme leads to learn from as you develop your own career at the same time we develop our programmes. Our ultimate ambition is to be a brand that is recognised for the well thought out early careers programmes we run as we look to pipeline future talent to future proof our business and provide an educational understanding of what it means to work at Deliveroo.
- Own the on-boarding and off-boarding for all work experience requests across the business
- Conduct CV screens for Marketing intern programme, attend and facilitate assessment centre's and work closely with the Marketing team to deliver 3 intern cohorts per year.
- Facilitation of all assessment centre’s as part of the recruitment process for apprentices and interns
- Support on campus recruitment for both graduate roles, mainly software engineering and MBA hiring (with the potential of oversea's travel on both these aspects).
- Candidate screening for apprentices, grads and potentially MBA hiring programmes.
- Be the go to facilitator for school and education events we host and attend to be able to deliver 'world of work days'
- Supporting the Apprenticeship and MBA Programme Leads with whatever they need in the creation of a best in-class programme.
- Experience of running assessment centre’s would be massively helpful, but if not, the confidence to be able to facilitate them on a regular basis.
- An understanding of how graduate recruitment cycles work and the dates involved.
- A love of organising events, meetings, processes etc - there’s going to be a number of things you’ll need to support and help lead in making things happen.
- Previous experience of being involved in campus recruitment activity for grads and MBA’s would be great, but is certainly not essential as we can teach you that.
- Ambition and drive to be the drive of your own career, we love inquisitive people who take responsibility for their delivery and don’t rely on direction from others. We work in a fast paced environment and therefore you’ll need to be resilient at times too.
- Do things the right way - it's not just about what you do, but how you do it that will determine your success here at Deliveroo.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.