When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three-sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started...
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We are looking for a Restaurant Strategy Analyst Intern to join our team based in our Brussels Office. The primary role of the Restaurant Strategy Analyst intern is to help design the commercial strategy and support key projects and processes within the commercial team. We are therefore looking for a passionate person to ensure long-term success with our partners.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Data analysis and deep-dives to support the commercial strategy and teams’ performance
- Monitoring the daily and weekly performance of our delivery system
- Creation, roll out & ownership of processes and tools to improve internal efficiency
- Stay constantly informed about new projects initiation and new product developments at the HQ level
- Collaboration with the local operations and marketing teams to support ongoing initiatives
- Being the point of contact for the use of internal tools including, but not limited to, Looker analytics, Salesforce, Deliveroo platforms and DocuSign
Here’s what a day in the life of our Restaurant Strategy Analyst intern could look like!
09:30 -09:45 Sharing weekend experiences with your colleagues.
10:00 -10:30 Weekly kick-off meeting with the full team.
10:30 -12:00 Analysing and understanding performance of our sales in the past few days
12:00 -12:30 Discussing ongoing cases with the Sales and account management team
12:30 - 13:30 Awesome lunch (yum!)
13:30 - 16:00 Running a specific analysis based on the last weeks’ data, and determine an action plan
16:00 - 16:30 1-1 meeting with your manager to brainstorm about ongoing projects and analysis.
16:30 - 17:00 Drink a coffee, and clear your head with a refreshing walk in the park.
16:45 - 18:30 Drafting a brief update on past and predicted future performance for other departments
- Bachelors or masters degree
- With an analytical or strategic background through relevant internship or related experience
- Fluent in French or Dutch; English is a must
- Strong analytical skills
- Needs to be able at ease with Excel and other data analytic tools
- A problem-solving lover able to bring innovative ideas and solutions
- A driven, hard-working and proactive individual able to work in a fast paced environment and to meet tight deadlines
- Detail-oriented and able to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Interested in food, restaurants and tech start-ups
- Previous work with commercial teams is a plus.
- 6-months internship in a fast learning environment
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Subsidised gym membership
- Top-notch kit. We'll get you a shiny new computer
- An extremely fun young team to work alongside!
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.