Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 12 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
Job Title: Global Operations Strategy Associate
Location: Cannon Street, London
Closing Date: 19th November 2018
In this role you'll be involved in two key areas:
- Design the customer proposition alongside the supporting operating model
- Drive major cross-functional projects to materialise the operating model
You'll be working within a dynamic team of Associate and Specialists that report to the Global Operations Strategy Manager. You'll also work very closely with the following stakeholders:
- Global Operations Planning – to shape the customer proposition, and subsequently the requisite operating model, through a robust and analytical approach
- Functional teams in Operations Development, regional and local Operations Managers – to drive and materialise continual enhancement in the customer and rider propositions
- Tech Organisation – to inform and influence priorities and/or products that has the most impact on customer and rider experiences
- Global Business Strategy – to be the Operations pillar in strategic “big bets” of the business
- Central functions – to ensure we can achieve our objectives profitably and within the constraints of evolving legal environments
- Manage multiple cross-functional workstreams effectively, with a customer-centric focus
- Flair in structuring and communicating complex business questions and recommendations to the business
- Balance strategic design with practicability, and be keenly aware of implications across other parts of the business
- Possess strong desire to galvanise action within Deliveroo and land operational changes successfully
IMPACT DRIVEN: You’ll work on high-impact global operations projects. These could include modelling the costs and benefits of various solutions to increase the marketing value of Deliveroo-branded rider kit, or designing the roll out plan for a new delivery model for riders.
ANALYTICAL AND COLLABORATIVE: There will definitely be some number-crunching and/or data modelling involved, but your role will also be about stepping back – you’ll need to see the bigger picture and understand how your insights are aligned with the direction the business is heading in. You should also be proactive in gathering input from relevant stakeholders to co-create pragmatic solutions.
DECISIVE AND INFLUENTIAL: You should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and be comfortable with making quick yet calculated decisions, even in times of ambiguity. You also need to make recommendations of changes, which could (or perhaps, should) be game-changing and communicate them across the business persuasively. More importantly, you must have a strong desire to galvanise action within Deliveroo. This means that you’ll need to be able to rally others around these recommendations and work with multiple teams to implement and track them effectively.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 2-3 years’ experience as a Business Analyst/Associate Consultant (or equivalent) in a consulting firm or strategy function in a top-tier corporate
- Has a deep desire to solve real world problems, who sees the beauty of data and structure and how important these are to understanding a problem and identifying effective solutions
- Can prioritise effectively as well as lead multiple project workstreams concurrently and independently
- Is adept at conducting 80/20 analysis, drawing out business insights from that analysis and presenting findings and recommendations persuasively
- Possesses strong communication skills with the ability to influence others
- Has solid Excel and modelling skills i.e., pivot tables and INDEX MATCH
- Can demonstrate effective PowerPoint skills in terms of speed and quality of output
- 25 days of Annual Holiday Leave plus 8 Bank holidays
- Amazing offices overlooking the Thames with collaborative working spaces desk environment
- Mature working from home mindset and parent friendly working culture
- Maternity & Paternity benefits
- On-site gym, external gym membership contribution & wellness benefit
- Never go thirsty, Nespresso bar and stocked fridges
- Prayer room, nap room and stunning rooftop garden
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Friday lunches on us from all your favourite places
- Summer & Christmas festivals/parties and regular events
We’d never judge you on any of the things that make you who you are – your gender, race, sexuality, religion or dislike of coriander – great workplaces should reflect the beautifully diverse world we live in. So if you love food, like us, and want to join our fast-growing start-up, why not get in touch?