Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 12 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
The Head of Logistics owns the day to day and strategic management and execution of all global warehousing, freight, shipping and rider and restaurant kit purchasing on behalf of the business. This crucial role is responsible for leading, managing performance, implementing and maintaining effective ways of working with relevant stakeholders and supporting the Procurement and Rider/Restaurant Operations teams in creating effective business processes.
- Define Logistics position & providers - current and future, scoping out new opportunities and products with associated sourcing strategy
- Negotiating and advising on commercial and legal processes within the function
- Optimizing current day to day logistics and buying process with relevant teams and stakeholders.
- Managing implementation and supplier performance alongside relevant stakeholders – arranging and hosting monthly and quarterly business reviews with suppliers
- Working alongside Sourcing Manager to input into Sourcing Strategy for rider and restaurant kit, to ensure that supply chain is future proof, scaleable, compliant and adds the most value to the business long term
- Line management at HQ (1 buying manager and 1 logistics associate) and internal warehouse in Wembley and externally based warehouses
- Ensure objectives and developments plans are in place and signed off for HQ team
- Logistics Strategy & Planning
Central to the Head Logistics role is providing input and working with the Rider/Restaurant Operations and Finance teams to develop the scalable, fit for purpose, cost effective and complaint warehousing and fulfilment systems. This will vary in scale and scope by individual but will encompass:
- Work with the rider and restaurant ops teams to ensure all future rider/restaurant kit warehousing distribution requirements are met globally, in a timely and cost effective way.
- Specification of the associated systems with current incumbents, ensuring standards are kept globally.
- Monitoring and updating processes and refining where required.
- QBR Planning and review – quarterly summaries and future planning with current incumbents.
- Sourcing and validating information and data for the purpose of cost modelling future initiatives.
- Reporting & process development
The Head of Logistics is accountable for all inventory data and reporting, across the buying and logistics function, ensuring that all data is accurate, up to date and communicated effectively to relevant internal stakeholders
- Liaise with finance team to ensure all require inventory reports are received accurately and on time, from current incumbents.
- Developing new reporting formats and channels with finance team, to ensure financial and audit compliance with suppliers
- Development and maintenance of SOPs with current and new suppliers.
- Define KPIs for global inventory optimisation.
- Managing Supplier Relationships
Successful supplier relationships require careful management at a number of touch points across the organisation. As the lead for the tactical and strategic side of the relationship, the Head of Logistics inevitably leads much of this activity, although ownership of the relationship exists equally within the functional structure. This will include:
- Central point of contact for all current and future incumbents in the Logistics/Buying function
- Regular planning and review sessions with current suppliers and incumbents
- Work with suppliers and appropriate colleagues to recommend (and where appropriate approve) processes and reporting.
- Support new process development opportunities in conjunction with functional/operational colleagues – ie Finance, Rider/Restaurant Operations
- Actively managing the performance of suppliers through:
- Reviewing Supplier performance against agreed metrics
- Resolving major operational issues escalated by colleagues
- Monthly and Quarterly business reviews.
- Managing and Developing Logistics & Buying team
Day to day management and development of team. Hands-on coaching of team members to ensure they continuously develop and grow in their current roles. Set objectives and development plans for team members and conduct regular 1-2-1s, and conduct annual appraisals
- Minimum 5 years experience in an Operations Manager/Logistics Manager role
- Experience within the tech industry in particular FMCG is an advantage
- Warehousing/production line/inventory management experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Good stakeholder engagement and 3PL management experience
- Team management experience – objective setting an advantage
- Able to lead small cross functional groups on multiple assignments
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.