Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to sink your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and 200 cities.
About the role
Reporting to the Operations Engagement Manager, your role is to lead the rider brand proposition and content strategy for Deliveroo’s Australian business. This will involve the creation of engaging and effective campaigns and top notch copy to enhance the rider experience in Australia. You will be challenged to think ‘outside of the box’ in order to drive engagement through Deliveroo’s digital channels and help channel the rider voice through all of our digital interactions.
Deliveroo is operating at the forefront of the future ways of working, and the riders who choose to partner with us are paramount to this. The Content Specialist will play a pivotal role in shaping the rider experience and ensuring that rider needs are at the core of our ‘rider engagement strategy’. As such, you will have the opportunity to work closely with Corporate Affairs, Marketing, Commercial and PR to drive the ultimate working experience in this new economy.
- Communication and content planning - mapping and executing our digital content strategy for Australia. Ensuring that we are developing content plans to land the best message through the right channels with our national rider fleet.
- Rider engagement analysis - using data to constantly iterate and test our approach / results across all digital channels
- Rider brand and image - overseeing and streamlining all rider communications to ensure all content is on-brand and consistent in terms of tone, style, quality and message
- Team building and management - help mentor and grow the associates within the Rider Engagement team
- Copy and comms - producing well-written copy for reactive and proactive rider campaigns, whether that be general intel regarding product updates or long term campaigns to drive certain results across our operations
- Partnership management - working with the Engagement Manager to maximise the value we get from our sponsorships and brand partnerships
- Lead and influence - form strong relationships with our Support Associates and Engagement Associate to ensure ongoing digital compliance and content accuracy
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – you need to be able to deliver messages and explain concepts clearly and succinctly to a diverse audience
- Comprehensive copywriting experience including, but not limited to, writing copy optimised by the specific digital channel, crisis management copy + responses, copy for marketing campaigns and educational content
- Experience with a range of digital and social media platforms and proven ability to use digital and social media as effective communications tool
- Exhibit a high degree of creativity to design and execute campaigns that appeal to riders
- A self-starter attitude that’s comfortable with constant change
- A creative problem solver who can think things through analytically
- Experience working with a content strategy and content calendar/grid
- Proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently
- A proactive can-do attitude, full of great ideas and able to get stuff done autonomously
- Significant commercial awareness and ability to quickly differentiate most impactful tasks/projects
- Ability to influence and manage multiple internal and external stakeholders
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of HTML
- Experience managing a CRM
- Copywriting qualification
- Background in Public Relations
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Weekly Exercise class to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.