Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re five years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 200 cities.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Security the “Information Security Officer” you will be responsible for all Information Security work streams whilst developing and implementing policies and procedures to maintain Deliveroo IT security standards and policies.
As ISO, you will have to demonstrate excellent technical skills. You will need a strong commitment to security rules and knowledge of all cyber security hazards and threats to the business.
The goal is to create and preserve a robust and secure cyber business environment where employees and IPR are safe and well-protected.
- Creating and implementing a strategy for the deployment of information security technologies
- Performing IT security risk assessments and reporting on ways to minimise threats
- Monitoring security vulnerabilities and hacking threats in network and host systems
- Tracking latest IT security innovations and keeping abreast of latest cyber security technologies
- Ensuring business continuity
- Communicating with key stakeholders about IT security threats
- Implementing an effective process for the reporting of security incidents
- Overseeing the investigation of reported security breaches
- Developing strategies to handle security incidents and trigger investigations
- Managing the IT security team, security experts and advisors
- Complying with the latest regulations and compliance requirements
- Championing and educating the organisation about the latest security strategies and technologies
- Managing the daily operation and implementation of the IT security strategy
- Conducting a continuous assessment of current IT security practices and systems and identifying areas for improvement
- Running security audits and risk assessments
- Delivering new security technology approaches and implementing next generation solutions
- Ensuring compliance and governance is met
- Driving change projects and building new IT capabilities
- Developing and implementing business continuity plans to ensure service is continuous when a change programme is introduced or a security breach occurs or in the event that the disaster recovery plan needs to be triggered
- Protecting the intellectual property of the organisation at all times
- Devising strategies and implementing IT solutions to minimise the risk of cyber-attacks
- Reviewing, analysing and delivering data information
- Communicating digital programmes and strategy to a range of stakeholders
- Managing the IT security budget and communicating this with the appropriate parties
- Digital leadership skills – capable of empowering and leading an IT team to meet business and IT security goals
- Solid people management skills – providing direction, monitoring performance, motivating staff and building a positive working environment
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving IT landscape and keep pace with latest thinking and new security technologies
- A passion for technology and security safeguarding with a desire to deliver
- Thrives on change, showing an impressive ability to drive the IT security strategy forward
- Analytical mind capable of managing numerous information sources and providing data analysis reports to senior management
- Strong customer focus – able to meet the demands of internal and external customers
- Excellent communication skills – providing verbal and written communication that is outstanding to both direct reports and senior management as well as other stakeholders
- Flexible and adaptable – capable of changing direction where required and showing flexibility to meet new demands
- Forms business partnerships that help drive the IT security strategy forward
- Can make decisions that are well informed and timely
- Creative thinking – able to look at alternatives and consider new ways of thinking to problem solve
- Multi-tasking – can manage several concurrent projects and prioritise demands
Computer Science/IT Degree or a qualification in a related subject CISSP/CISM equivalent professional experience also considered
- Proven IT security experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of the latest IT thinking and threat modelling methods together with a creative drive
- Change management and business process experience is ideal together with a proven track record of driving large-scale change programmes
- A proven record of dealing with complex projects and meeting conflicting demands
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.