Adyen is looking for a Database Engineer with either experience with or interest in PostgreSQL and CockroachDB to join our team in Amsterdam. We have one of the largest (real-time transactional) PostgreSQL instances in the world. The significance of PostgreSQL is becoming larger and larger as our business and platform are growing exceptionally fast. We believe it is extremely important to contribute and help further improve the PostgreSQL community because it has helped us a long way and continues to do so.
As a Database Engineer you will be working closely with our development and infrastructure teams to provide them your database related knowledge and support with investigating issues, application releases, monitoring, solutions, consultation and automation.
What you will do
- With your strong analytical skills you will focus on performance investigation, capacity planning and taking ownership of necessary improvements
- You will be responsible for keeping the databases running smoothly, keep their environments up-to-date, managing users, provisioning and configuring databases and performing database switches etc.
Who you are
- You like to independently take on a project or solve an issue, taking into account technical requirements, different stakeholders and reach out for support when needed
- You are interested in contributing to the PostgreSQL community
- You like to make use of your infrastructural knowledge
- You have an interest in expanding your knowledge about Databases, Infrastructure and Distributed Systems
- You like to work with Linux operating systems
This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Ready to meet us?
If you are excited about this role, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!