This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Team Lead Compliance Escalations
Our fast-paced Compliance Escalation Team is looking for an experienced Compliance Professional with strong knowledge of the regulatory obligations of Financial Institutions. In this role you will lead a team of Compliance Officers focused on managing the integrity risks framework around our customers’ setups (e.g. platforms) and Products / Services across all Adyen’s service lines (e.g. acquiring, issuing, bank accounts) and the Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) processes involved. Your experience in process optimization will help to improve and scale the end-to-end EDD process.The successful candidate demonstrates strong leadership skills, the ability to drive results and has excellent verbal- and written communications skills.
What you’ll do
- Define how to further strengthen Adyen’s Products / Services integrity risk framework, in line with Adyen’s risk appetite and the Company’s strategic objectives;
- Drive and deliver results; you will be the point of contact for all matters related to the Products / Services integrity risk framework for a variety of internal- and external stakeholders;
- Identify and initiate improvements to 2LoD EDD process that will increase efficiency and effectiveness;
- Co-create training programs for the 1LoD within the Product / Services area of expertise;
- Create team goals and ensure qualitative and timely execution;
- Collaborate with the wider compliance- and regulatory team, commercial- and operational teams to translate Products / Services integrity risk framework requirements into proper implementation; you’re able to effectively communicate and explain the why behind the requirements;
- Lead part of the Escalation Team; grow, mentor and coach your team members both in terms of knowledge and skills.
Who you are
- You have 4+ years of experience in a 2LoD compliance function at a Fintech or Financial Institution;
- You have 2+ years of experience as a team lead, which includes mentoring- and developing team members, manage the team performance and provide feedback and support as needed;
- You have a solid understanding on how to manage integrity risks around Products and Services of the customer portfolio;
- You always look for opportunities to automate or improve and scale manual processes;
- You co-develop, implement strategies and drive the team to achieve the team - and company goals;
- You are hands-on you take full ownership and accountability over your and your team’s projects and have the ability to manage your and your team’s priorities;
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey advice clearly and synthesize complex issues;
- You deliver high-quality output and maintain the same quality standard for your team;
- You have solid interpersonal skills to communicate and interact with both internal and external stakeholders from varying disciplines and cultures;
- Your strong sense of initiative and self-motivation will add value to a fast-growing business.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.