Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favorite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team has taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box, thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
Deliveroo launched in Belgium in September 2015 and quickly became the leading food delivery company. Over a year into operations, we are working with over 900 restaurants across the country and are still recording two-digit growth. We are looking for the best and brightest to join us. Our ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial, salesperson!
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
We are looking for a field-based Business Development Manager. This is a rare opportunity to become a founding and critical member of a rapidly growing, well-funded startup. You’ll be liaising with Flanders' most premium and highly regarded restaurants. As a member of the local sales team, your role will include developing new relationships with restaurants as well cultivating existing ones. This is a role for an intelligent, motivated, self-starter to develop their sales career for a leading company within its market sector.
You will be tasked with signing up Flanders' best restaurants. More specifically, you will:
- Map and target restaurants across Flanders in a very methodical and organized fashion
- Communicate (physical visits, email, calls, social media) with restaurants to demonstrate Deliveroo technology
- Sample food from a variety of high-quality establishments
- Attend restaurant and food meet-ups
Your profile is:
- You must be comfortable with targeting new business
- The job requires great communication skills whether it be face to face, through phone or email
- Ability to persuasively demonstrate product and industry knowledge to clients is a must
- Knowledge of the restaurant industry is a significant plus
- You will need to be tenacious and self-motivated
- You are a registerd student
- Become one of the first employees of the world’s fastest growing on-demand delivery company
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Attractive compensation and commission structure
- Monthly meal, transport, phone and health allowance
- BIG Monday lunches – Deliveroo’d to the office of course!
- Strong focus on your professional development and many opportunities
believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgment when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.