Our mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants into everyone's home or office - fast. We work with thousands of the world's best loved restaurants, including names like Wagamama, Busaba, Gourmet Burger Kitchen, Nando's, Rossopomodoro and many top quality independents to deliver their food to homes and offices everywhere. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are.
The primary responsibility of the VP Shared Services is to build, run and scale a global shared services function. This role is at the very heart of what we do - supporting customers, riders and the operations / commercial teams right across the business to deliver great food, fast. It requires great management of people, third party service providers and a focus on improving processes to keep things running smoothly day to day.
It also requires cross-functional working within our own organization with the product/engineering teams and country operations & commercial teams to identify and deliver continuous improvements to how we operate, achieving even better service levels and a leaner operation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build a strategy for our global shared services capability, including what we do in-house vs with partners, encompassing customer services, rider support, operations administration, and restaurant support services.
- Consolidate all of our global support activities into one support centre, converging processes and systems to create global efficiencies of scale and consistent outstanding performance.
- Run the day-to-day support operation for Deliveroo, setting and hitting service level targets for each function and helping us to grow.
- Continuously find ways for us to do things better: identify and deliver improvements to our core operations and customer processes keeping things running smoothly as we grow fast. Fix processes and improve the tools we have to do the job
- Manage a large team in the support centre, and work alongside our local in-country teams of operations and customer support staff to deliver a consistently great performance every day for our customers, riders and restaurants. Develop the skills of the managers so they can hit their KPIs
- Work with the product and engineering teams to develop solutions to improve processes and support achievement of your business goals
- Create and run the management processes and structure to enable us to perform across all of the countries we operate in
- Be comfortable and credible influencing and engaging at all levels. From the board and the management team to the rider fleet.
This role demands a highly dynamic individual with a track-record of successfully leading a fast growing and complex operations/customer support services organisation. The ideal candidate has a track record of delivering strong results against customer and operational KPIs, is obsessed with getting things right for customers and has a bias for action.
- 10+ years experience within operational or general management roles, operating at a senior management level in a high growth business
- Track record of successfully running operations in a fast moving, consumer-facing environment (e.g. consumer logistics, retail) to achieve daily service and productivity KPIs
- A track-record of hitting targets and exceeding business expectations
- Experience of applying analytical and problem-solving skills to a number of operational and commercial challenges
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of managing and developing teams of 100+ employees, understanding communication and team-based challenges and developing the team through periods of high growth
- Experience working in a consumer technology business, identifying opportunities for adopting technical solution and being comfortable discussing these requirements with product teams