When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The Business Strategy Manager will be part of the Deliveroo UAE Leadership team and will report directly to our General Manager.
In this role, you will look after the medium-to-long term projects and challenge the way we do things, driving innovation forward. The responsibilities will include:
- Working on the planning of different elements of the business strategy -acting as our internal strategy consultant
- You will participate in the constant optimization of our activity by submitting hypotheses based on, in particular, quantitative and qualitative analyzes.
- You will develop favorable relations with the key players of our activity
- Cross-department project management based work
- Working within and across departments, as well as across geographies to bring new strategies to life
- Supporting the General Manager with the quarterly and annual reforecasting/budgeting process
- Forecasting for annual budget: work with Head of Departments and General Manager on quarterly and annual reforecasting/budgeting process
- Collaborating with Head of Departments on quarterly KPI setting
- You will motivate the teams and each employee individually to achieve the business objectives
- Producing analytical types of reports for management review
This is a unique opportunity in an ever changing business environment!
This role demands an entrepreneurial individual with an analytical background and experience of working on projects with multiple stakeholders. The ideal candidate has a track record of delivering strong analytical results, can work to tight deadlines and has a bias for action working in a fast-paced ambiguous environment.
We are looking for someone who can juggle many projects at once!!
- 2-4 years work experience with 2 years+ professional experience in a strategy consulting firm
- P&L and relationship management experience
- Can demonstrate strong analytical achievements and confidence with numbers
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence local market stakeholders
- Strong track-record of hitting and exceeding businesses expectations
- Experience in working in a dynamic high-growth company
- Ability to work quickly in tight deadlines
- Experience in managing complex projects with many actors
- Analytical power, tact along with humility and patience
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- A passion for food
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Annual Return Flight
- Subsidised gym membership
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
- The opportunity to grow within a fast paced progressive organisation.
- Team Thursday lunches from our amazing restaurant partners and regular tasting sessions.