Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and blow off steam with free for all Thursday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
The Business Strategy Manager will be part of the Deliveroo UAE Leadership team and will report directly to our General Manager.
In this role, you will look after the medium-to-long term projects and challenge the way we do things, driving innovation forward. The responsibilities will include:
- Working on the planning of different elements of the business strategy -acting as our internal strategy consultant
- You will participate in the constant optimization of our activity by submitting hypotheses based on, in particular, quantitative and qualitative analyzes.
- You will develop favorable relations with the key players of our activity
- Cross-department project management based work
- Working within and across departments, as well as across geographies to bring new strategies to life
- Supporting the General Manager with the quarterly and annual reforecasting/budgeting process
- Forecasting for annual budget: work with Head of Departments and General Manager on quarterly and annual reforecasting/budgeting process
- Collaborating with Head of Departments on quarterly KPI setting
- You will motivate the teams and each employee individually to achieve the business objectives
- Producing analytical types of reports for management review
This is a unique opportunity in an ever changing business environment!
This role demands an entrepreneurial individual with an analytical background and experience of working on projects with multiple stakeholders. The ideal candidate has a track record of delivering strong analytical results, can work to tight deadlines and has a bias for action working in a fast-paced ambiguous environment.
We are looking for someone who can juggle many projects at once!!
- 2-4 years work experience with 2 years+ professional experience in a strategy consulting firm
- P&L and relationship management experience
- Can demonstrate strong analytical achievements and confidence with numbers
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence local market stakeholders
- Strong track-record of hitting and exceeding businesses expectations
- Experience in working in a dynamic high-growth company
- Ability to work quickly in tight deadlines
- Experience in managing complex projects with many actors
- Analytical power, tact along with humility and patience
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- A passion for food
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Annual Return Flight
- Subsidised gym membership
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
- The opportunity to grow within a fast paced progressive organisation.
- Team Thursday lunches from our amazing restaurant partners and regular tasting sessions.