Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team has taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
+ Job intro
You will lead our efforts on Rider retention and CRM, to drive value from our marketing spend and decrease our marketing CPO. Your responsibilities will include:
- Scope and implement global riders lifecycle strategy to improve main conversion KPIs
- Experimentation of financial incentives, non financial incentives and of comms journeys throughout the rider lifecycle (conversion, activation, retention and re-activation)
- Gain an extremely deep understanding of our riders and their attitudes by speaking to riders, reading online materials and doing some deliveries!
- Set up ways to gather information about our riders.
- Implementing incentives in line with budget plan
- Liaise with tech colleagues on CRM system App boy product development
- Roll out App boy comms plans globally.
- Review the rider proposition in line with its effects on rider lifetime value
- Analyse early indicators of churn and design triggers to optimize for retention
- Provide guidance and standardized measurable approaches to local teams running retention / activation / engagement activity
- Improve rider engagement through comms
- Make suggestions on partnerships to engagement teams
- Data-analyser: Someone who can analyse data very intelligently, and conduct complex analysis to link variables. They must be able to understand incrementality and cause/effect impeccably
- A self-starter and timeline planner with vision: this person must be able to develop their own 6-month plan and timeline
- A researcher: this person needs to search high and low for information to inform their decision-making, including mining the internet and being a rider themselves.
- A coordinator: this person needs to befriend all the local teams, the tech team, the central ops and more and understand who is working on what, fitting it within a statistical framework and be flexible enough to embrace ad-hoc activities that are occurring in the retention space
- An engineer of process: this person needs to find and use tools to be able to execute CRM campaigns and hack together ways of sending information and collecting data
- A logical, methodical, detail-oriented process builder: this person needs to think through, very methodolically, how to execute on a process and consider the potential pitfalls.
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- A brand new extremely impressive and fun office complete with nap room, onsite gym, basketball court and a roof top overlooking Tower Bridge
- Subsidised gym membership
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new Macbook and stuff.
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities