Job Title: Data Scientist - Business Analytics
Location: Cannon Street, London
Closing Date: 24th of February 2018
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
We're building the data team at Deliveroo that we always wanted to be a part of. The best businesses in the world use data in everything they do, and it's our job to make that happen for Deliveroo. We work without silos - talking directly to the people doing the job, whether it's operations, engineering, marketing or development. As well as building clear reports and models, we aim to fully understand our data to derive insights that drive change in the business. And we do all of this at startup speed. We're working on some of the most interesting domain problems of the internet age, including: realtime spatial logistics; predictive modelling; fraud networks; and performance marketing.
As a Data Scientist in the Business Analytics team, you'll be responsible for helping people make sense of the world through data. In your first six months you'll work on general business insights but specialise in one of four areas:
- Restaurant supply & pricing
- Strategic projects
- Fraud analytics
- Deliveroo for Business
Why work for Deliveroo?
We’re a well-funded and rapidly growing startup with a great product and solid business model.
Based in a great Central London location but with the flexibility to work from home when it makes sense. The London data scene is one of the best in the world and we're right in the middle of it.
We're building a world-class analytics team that is a driving force behind Deliveroo's growth.
- A love of solving data problems and learning new things.
- Self-starter, able to identify variables influencing growth and define models to forecast their evolution (e.g. seasonality).
- Strong analytical mindset, critical thinking, and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate complex findings to key stakeholders in a simple way.
- Comfortable in working with tight deadlines, contributing to a fun, fast-paced, high impact and dynamic environment of Deliveroo.
- Previous commercial use of other data mining / stat languages (Python, R, SAS) is highly preferred (our stack is Python-based).
- Very strong command of Excel, SQL and BI software (ideally Looker or similar).
- BSc degree (or higher) in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or any other highly quantitative field.
- Experience in logistics or delivery services.
- Knowledge of coding methods. We may not be developers, but we love GitHub, Heroku and Travis all the same.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Google Analytics or other web analytics systems.
- Knowledge of data visualisation tools such as Looker, Periscope, or Tableau.
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- A brand new extremely impressive and fun office complete with nap room, onsite gym, basketball court and a roof top overlooking Tower Bridge
- Subsidised gym membership
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new Macbook and stuff.
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.