Data Scientist, Business Intelligence
Deliveroo delivers food to hungry customers in 12 countries and over 200 cities. To ensure our continued success and international growth, we seek experienced data scientists / analyst to join our Business Intelligence Team.
You have strong technical skills and are a creative, highly motivated individual who relishes working in a fast-paced environment whilst focusing on driving business growth. You'll be a key partner to other data scientists in our Business Intelligence verticals - Service, Delivery, Marketing & Engagement, Selection & Pricing, Performance and Competition - to achieve our goal: feed people 3 times a day.
As a Data Scientist at Deliveroo you will be:
- Always curious and willing to learn new skills
- A problem solver with a deep analytical mindset
- A critical thinker with very strong attention to detail
You will have:
- Excellent SQL skills and an understanding of database structure
- Experience with data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Looker, or Periscope
- Excellent people skills — you’ll be meeting with stakeholders to translate business needs into technical requirements
- A degree in a technical field or 3+ years experience in a previous data science, engineering or analytics role
Bonus points for experience with:
- Fluency in Python or R and its application in data analysis (majority python based stack)
- Machine learning
- Experience in logistic or delivery areas
You will get to help answer questions like:
- What is the optimum selection and variety of restaurants?
- What makes a great rider and how do we keep them delivering with us?
- What makes a happy customer?
- How do we best optimise our compensation policy to keep our customers happy and ordering with Deliveroo?
- How does a new competitor’s entry into one of our markets affect our growth ambitions?
- How can we balance the immediate impact of some marketing channels with long-term brand building activity?
- When and how should Deliveroo optimise for growth vs profitability?
- Questions. All the questions
- Amazing HQ office located in central London with collaborative working spaces.
- Free Deliveroo Plus - free delivery and access to special offers.
- Flexible working, including parent-friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days.
- Maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.
- Prayer room, nap room, and a stunning rooftop garden.
- Learning resources and support for attending/speaking at conferences.
- Discounted private healthcare, pension contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership.
- Friday lunches on us from all your favourite places.
- Summer and end-of-year parties, plus regular social events.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.