Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including growth in our Hop, Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building teams to help us launch new products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
Deliveroo Hop launched in September 2021 and is Deliveroo's speedy grocery delivery service. Our mission is to deliver groceries to customers around the world in as little as 10 minutes - from the weekly shop, to a last minute dinner party or a late night snack. Working with trusted grocers, Deliveroo Hop promises to bring customers the very best products at lightning speed.
The team behind Deliveroo Hop are building a network of stores across London, the UK and International markets. Each delivery store is staffed with a team who have been specially trained to manage the operations and pick and pack orders in record time, with Deliveroo's 100,000 strong rider network completing all deliveries.
Reporting to the District Manager, the role of the Warehouse Manager is to drive the highest performance possible within their Warehouse. This includes maximising customer satisfaction, striving to achieve optimum productivity, maintaining stock accuracy and tightly controlling inventory and minimising all wastage.
What you'll be doing
- Recruit and onboard Warehouse Associates into our company
- Develop, train and motivate all employees to achieve targets
- Create and manage the rota for employees to suit business needs, including ensuring all hours logged correctly and authorising any holiday and leave
- Review operational performance to seek areas to improve
- Minimise wastage by conducting regular stock counts and inventory checks and supervising stock rotation
- Ensure a well maintained warehouse
- Ensure compliance with all Health & Safety and Due Diligence measures in place for their operation
- Resolve all customer complaints promptly to retain customer loyalty
- Maintain good relations to uphold Deliveroo's positive reputation with all external parties, e.g.neighbours, landlords, and contractors
- Collaborate with your different counterparts across the business to improve overall operational performance
- 3+ years of grocery experience
- A good understanding and track record in managing and influencing the P&L and KPIs performance of your business
- Great knowledge of food safety and health and safety compliance requirements
- Previous experience leading a team, including recruiting, training, and developing team members
- Comfortable working with numbers and using data to inform your decisions.
- 'Can do, never give up' attitude and the desire to grow and succeed with one of the world's fastest growing food-tech companies
- First Aid training ideal (training provided if required)
- Right to work in the UK
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer many great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.