Payroll Assistant - UK
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
As a UK Payroll Assistant you will assist our Payroll Lead in coordinating the inputs needed for processing payroll in our UK locations using an in house payroll solution which is Workday.
What you’ll be doing
- Liaise with internal HR partners to collect and organise payroll data before preparing data. Ensuring understanding of data
- Collect, check and input timekeeping information via our time and attendance system
- Liaise with payroll Lead on submissions and review of payroll data within agreed upon timeframes. Reviewing P45, new starter declarations, Pension enrolment, SMP, Parental leave, general absences in line with Company policy
- Assist with handling queries from employees, internal partners and vendors.
- Assist Lead with collation of the monthly payroll, including review of inputs and outputs for reasonableness and completion.
- Prepare and reconcile the payments to the HMRC and 3rd parties.
- Participate in discussions with vendors regarding payrolls to ensure proper handling of issues and use of controls to mitigate risk
- Address inquiries from various internal teams, such as HR, Finance, etc.
- Run payroll reports and assist the Payroll Lead with reconciliation of payrolls ensuring that all data is downloaded and saved in the agreed manner.
- Assist with team wide initiatives and projects, as needed.
- Have a passion for food
- Strong Payroll experience in a similar role
- Solid functional knowledge, commensurate with level, including understanding of payroll processes and regulations.
- Excellent analytical skill
- Solid understanding of UK payroll legislation, Tax, NIC
- Capable of working independently, as a member of the team, and in partnership with vendors.
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Uses initiative to solve problems
- Questions the why and the how
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Ideally have Workday payroll processing experience
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space