Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We're a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most expanding industry in the world, so join us for the ride.
The Role and Team you will be part of:
As an Operations Strategy Associate, you will be a part of the team responsible for the operational performance of the delivery network in Hong Kong, encompassing reliability, availability, and efficiency. We ensure we have the right number of riders on the road in the right place at the right time, while balancing the rider's experience working with Deliveroo alongside the customer's delivery experience and the wider priorities of the business.
What you will do:
- You will use analytics to improve our rider delivery network - identifying areas for improvement and managing data-driven solutions to improve operational performance
- You will match supply and demand - using a range of measures to ensure that we have enough riders in the right place at the right time.
- You will partner with other teams from other departments by providing data backed recommendations to lead agreement on upcoming priorities
- You will report to the Operations Strategy Manager
What skills are we looking for?
- Logical and analytical - able to review large datasets to extract relevant information paired with sound logic to identify important opportunities and challenges
- Project and Workload management - able to scope a project, collect resources and identify relevant team members
- Communication - You can present ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Proficiency and experience in data analytics; SQL and Python skills are advantage
- Fluency in Cantonese and English (written and oral)
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer multiple great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in our success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing startups around.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.