When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We're a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most expanding industry in the world, so join us for the ride.
We are looking for a field-based Business Development Manager. This is a rare opportunity to become a founding and important member of a growing, well-funded startup. You'll collaborate with Italy's most premium and regarded restaurants. As a member of the local sales team, your role will focus on developing new relationships with restaurants.
More specifically, you will:
- Map, prospect, pitch and close new restaurants across your region in an organised fashion. This means being a city level expert including knowing the up and coming restaurants and which restaurants customers crave most
- Communicate (physical visits, email, calls, or social media) with restaurants to demonstrate Deliveroo technology
- Help restaurant owners / managers overcome any barriers or hesitations
- Attend restaurant and food meet ups
- You must be comfortable with targeting new business and have Sales Experience
- The job requires experience speaking with partners, whether it be face-to-face, through phone or email
- Experience in demonstrating product and industry knowledge to clients
- You will need to be comfortable with negotiations
- Knowledge of the restaurant industry is a significant plus
- You will need to be tenacious
We are looking for someone based in Catania or East Coast Sicily.
This is a 12-months fixed-term contract.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer multiple great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startup's around.