The U.K. & Ireland is our domestic and most mature market. Functions include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner with global teams such as product, technology and consumer to achieve our goals for our customers.
The Strategy and Initiatives team help resolve the most difficult and important issues facing the business, and pursue our most exciting opportunities. You will work with senior leaders, integrate across functions, bring new insight, and drive pace.
You will lead consumer strategy for UK and Ireland and manage a small team of strategy managers. This team has a wide remit solving strategic topics such as which consumers to focus on and how to serve them, driving high profile initiatives that deliver value to our customers, and working with central teams to develop strategy around topics such as pricing, promotions, and loyalty.
What you'll be doing
- Lead a team of managers delivering a broad range of cross-functional projects
- Help the create the long term strategy for the UK and Ireland, and resolve our most difficult and important choices
- Identify, prioritise, decide how to respond to, and implement different opportunities as they emerge. Those that are cross-functional, or particularly challenging or important - including running some of the most important programmes in the UK and Ireland
- Work with the UKI Chief Business Officer and other members of the UKI senior leadership team as a trusted partner
- Feed in to the Strategy and Finance team as they develop quarterly and annual forecasting, budget and headcount processes
- Lead on other big regional, commercial or strategic issues as needed.
- 6+ years' experience working with senior leadership, for example, at a management consultancy, or leadership experience in a fast-changing workplace
- Problem-solving; from structuring issues to designing workstreams
- Strong quantitative analytical skills
- Experience implementing projects
- Growth mindset and values autonomy
- Experienced in leading cross-functional teams
- Experienced people manager
- Relevant domain expertise, for example in restaurants and hospitality, B2B sales, growth startups, online marketplaces, hyperlocal businesses, regional-based organisations, e-commerce, or consumer technology.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.