Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
Deliveroo Hop launched in September 2021 and is Deliveroo’s speedy grocery delivery service. Our mission is to deliver groceries to customers around the world in as little as 10 minutes - from the weekly shop, to a last minute dinner party or a late night snack. Working with trusted grocers, Deliveroo Hop promises to bring customers the very best products at lightning speed.
The team behind Deliveroo Hop are building a network of stores across 5 markets around the world, including Hong Kong. Each delivery store is staffed with a team who have been specially trained to manage the operations efficiently as well as pick and pack orders in record time, with Deliveroo’s 100,000 strong rider network completing all deliveries.
We’re looking for people with an exceptional drive and entrepreneurial spirit to join the team at Deliveroo Hop and help us build the leading speedy grocery delivery service. Hungry to win? This is an exciting time to join the Deliveroo Hop team within the broader Deliveroo organisation - we’re only just getting started!
The Category Manager is at the heart of ensuring we have a strong customer-value-proposition across the Deliveroo Hop function. You will build the best possible tools and processes to ensure that our product and pricing are the most compelling in the region. You will also work with a remote team of people tasked with managing menus and core data to ensure that execution of your strategy is seamless. You will build the necessary competitor benchmarking capability and communicate recommendations to partners and senior leadership.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and own the product selection to drive our Deliveroo Hop customer proposition
- Defining overall pricing and category strategy, as well as experimentation processes
- Applying a data-driven model and framework for understanding what a good product selection look like
- Creating selection prioritisation hierarchy in selection and prioritise partner and merchandising roll-out plans to fill these gaps (including new launch areas)
- Continually testing and refining ranges/ pricing / hierarchies
- Ongoing assessment of menu performance, identifying opportunities for improvement and proactively making constructive, data-driven recommendations
- Designing and executing tests based on structured plans, desired outcomes, and robust methodology
- Managing monthly and quarterly range reviews with highly structured, specific, and analytically-driven evaluations and recommendations
- Applying recommendations from internal teams and tools to understand our our real time price positioning, and defining the strategy for pricing and promotions
- Working together with the Hong Kong and central grocery teams to apply best practices to supercharge growth
- Seeking new directions and ways to improve and grow the company with creativity and innovation
- Take on various work streams necessary for Deliveroo and grocery to achieve its goals
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent industry experience
- Experience as a Category Manager or related experience for a grocer is essential
- Experience in delivering recommendations from data analysis
- Experience presenting to senior stakeholders and owning outcomes
- Experience influencing in a matrix organisation
- Experience working cross-functionally to deliver projects
- Resourceful, action and detail-oriented, with a high ownership mindset to deliver measurable impact
- Start-up mentality with a love for both getting deep in the detail and driving top-level strategy
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.