When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
We’re looking for talented people to join our Operations Support department and help to keep our hard-working riders happy and motivated. Rider Support drives Deliveroo's relationship with riders, building a community and keeping them at the heart of everything we do. This is the perfect opportunity to take your first steps in an exciting, fast-growing business and develop your operational abilities.
- Analysing outputs and making data-driven insights leading to process optimisation
- Supporting the implementation of new processes to drive efficiency within the team and provide amazing service to our Riders
- Managing inbound queries from our Riders
- Dealing with and coordinating responses to escalations and working to better our issue escalation processes
- Creating, analysing and sharing reporting with relevant stakeholders
- Supporting Operations Manager to create a streamlined process by which inbound communications from riders travel through the rider support pipeline smoothly and are handled efficiently
- Acting as the point of contact for the legal and comms departments; helping to coordinate escalations between other lines of business, external individuals and organisations
- Providing excellent rider service to our Riders
- 2-3 years of relevant professional experience
- Ability to make actionable insights from quantitative and qualitative data sets
- Written and verbal English and Chinese - bilingual proficiency
- Clear and engaging communication skills in person, on the phone and in writing
- Ability to deliver complex messages and explain concepts clearly and succinctly to a diverse audience
- Refined interpersonal skills, ability to empathise and connect with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Significant experience in a people-facing role
- Confidence to remain calm under pressure and instil calm in others
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Monthly Monday breakfast & Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Monthly gym allowance
- Additional leave days for years of service
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.