What you’ll be doing…
We are looking for a Regional Growth Lead to join our team in Sydney. This is a rare opportunity to become a founding and critical member of a rapidly growing, well-funded startup. Your role will consist of leading a team of three Growth Associates all based in Sydney, as well as having a small restaurant portfolio yourself. You will coach and develop your team, drive growth in your state and keep the team on track with company goals through implementing state wide growth initiatives.
You will also cultivate existing relationships with large independent relationships, driving strong growth in their Deliveroo sales. Client-facing meetings will make up some of your teams week, and you will also work closely with other departments on tasks such as marketing campaigns and operational improvements. This is an excellent role for a commercial and outgoing individual, who enjoys building and maintaining relationships, and supporting the growth of members in the team.
This role will involve:
- Drive strategic growth and be a key part of building the strategy across NSW and ACT for you and your team's restaurant portfolios and state wide initiatives
- Effectively identify, communicate and implement processes to drive efficiencies within the team
- Load balance a portfolio of restaurant partners
- Be a point of escalation for your team and be comfortable in communicating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Responsibility for communicating internal priorities and keeping the team on track and up-to-date with our commercial goals
- Be the primary point of contact for your own portfolio to answer any questions and solve issues
- Drive commercial/marketing discussions with portfolio
- Be comfortable in negotiations including, but not limited to, contracts, renewals, and extensions
- Innovating and presenting new ideas to increase Deliveroo growth and efficiencies
- Using data tools and analytical thinking to create data-driven strategies for you and your team
Skills you’ll need:
- 2+ years commercial experience, ideally in a commercial environment where you have dealt with clients, with the ability to understand their values
- 1+ years of leadership experience, working with a small team/having a direct report
- This role combines strategic, operational, and commercial objectives, therefore a blend of strategic thinking, analytical skills, and execution ability is key
- You must have ownership of you and your team's results, be invested in the success of your portfolio, and have the determination to win
- You will be independent in your ways of working, and be comfortable with navigating complexity and uncertainty both personally and with your team
- You will have regular catch ups with the National Mid Market Manager and with your team so you’ll need to be super clear and confident in ongoing communication
- We really encourage feedback as it makes us a stronger team - you will be comfortable at providing and receiving positive and constructive feedback
- You must be a self-starter and well organised - ruthless prioritisation is key
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Additional leave days for years of service
- Volunteering leave to support a charity of your choice
- Health & Wellbeing
- “Workout Wednesday” weekly exercise classes
- Free access to HeadSpace
- ClassPass corporate discount
- LinkedIn Learning Access
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Amazing HQ offices located in Melbourne CBD
- Excellent kit to enable working from home and a parent-friendly working culture
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefits
- Quarterly celebrations with the wider team, end of year parties & regular social events
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
Apply now to continue the conversation.