When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
The Head of Sales will report into the Commercial Director, and own Deliveroo’s sales strategy and performance from front to end. The HoS will build and lead a team of Business Development Managers and Executives that is responsible for signing up the best quality restaurants in Hong Kong. This person will be the consummate sales professional, with a hunger and ability to get tricky deals over the line while keeping the business’ best interests front of mind. At the same time, this person will be a people manager, able to motivate a growing team of Business Development Managers and Sales Development Representatives to hit their own ambitious targets. For this role, you need to be tenacious, sophisticated and well-connected in the restaurant industry, and have the following skill set:
What You’ll Be Doing
- Facilitate meetings with high profile F&B groups, lead negotiations, and close deals while managing both internal and external stakeholders
- Layout and execute our sales strategy in Hong Kong, working closely with sales planning teams in HQ to learn best practices from other markets, develop strong tools and pitch decks, and deploy effective execution plans
- Utilize systems to track and follow up on sales leads
- Organize a team of sales associates in a very structured and methodical manner
- Motivate the team to meet aggressive sales targets
- Work cross-functionally to ensure successful on-boarding of new partners
- Attend restaurant and food conferences
- At least 5 years of sales experience with a proven track record of closing high stakes deals.
- Experience in leading a sales team, able to connect on a profound level with internal teammates, external restaurant partners, and your own team. Able to coach, mentor and develop your team.
- Strong growth mindset in developing team members
- Strong knowledge of the restaurant industry;
- History of exceeding revenue targets;
- Exhibit the ability to self-motivate, capable of driving yourself and your team to achieve targets
- Experience in a high-growth business environment or startup a plus;
- Attractive compensation package
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing food-tech company changing the food delivery landscape
- Have a real impact on the direction of the business in Hong Kong
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Friday lunches for the office alongside restaurant tastings throughout the week. Did we mention how much we love food?
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.