At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
As the Payroll Assistant, you will assist our Payroll Lead in coordinating the inputs needed for processing payroll in our International locations using an outsourced payroll model with Cloudpay.
What you’ll be doing
- Liaise with internal HR partners to collect and organise payroll data before preparing templates for submission to 3rd party providers.
- Ensuring a thorough understanding of data.
- Ensure a timely registration and de-registration of employees with local authorities in line with local legislation.
- Partner closely with the People Operations team to ensure all inputs for contractual changes and any variable input are confirmed, included within agreed KPIs.
- Supports the payroll lead with the related operations for International regions in an outsourced environment.
- Provide support and handle escalations in a timely manner, managing internal and external stakeholders effectively in the process.
- Assist with handling queries from employees, internal partners and vendors.
- Assist Lead with collation of the monthly payroll, including review of inputs and outputs for reasonableness and completion.
- Help with the reconciliation of the payments to 3rd party providers and authorities.
- Participate in discussions with vendors regarding payrolls to ensure proper handling of issues and use of controls to mitigate risk.
- Address inquiries from various internal teams, such as HR, Shared Services, etc.
- Run payroll reports and assist the Payroll Lead with reconciliation of payrolls ensuring that all data is downloaded and saved in the agreed manner.
- Assist with team wide initiatives and projects, as needed.
- Strong Payroll experience in a similar role for at least 2 years.
- Previous experience on Hong Kong, Singapore, India or Australia payroll are required.
- Good understanding of International payroll processes, specially across the ME region.
- Solid functional knowledge, commensurate with level, including understanding of payroll processes and regulations.
- Excellent analytical skill. Capable of working independently, as a member of the team, and in partnership with vendors.
- Candidates who have worked in an outsourced managed payroll environment is a plus.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Able to communicate effectively in verbal and written.
- Proactive and uses initiative to solve problems.
- Questions the why and the how.
- Strong knowledge of Excel.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.