Senior Sales Team Leader, SMB Sales
The role of the Senior Team Lead is to manage a team of SDRs and to assist the HOD to drive the SMB Sales Team (Inbound, Outbound, Expansion) to success. You will be responsible for SMB Sales growth by assisting and driving the SDRs, SDR Team Leads and driving and motivating successful sales and new business month on month.
The role advertised will be a fixed term contract for 12 months or even permanent DOE. Hours of work are Monday - Saturday between 8am-8pm (40 hours), you will be required to work 1 in 4 Saturdays on a rota basis.
- Responsible for the delivery and improvement of the SMB Sales team through management and coaching of a team to provide an excellent onboarding experience.
- Will directly manage a team of 10-15 with varying levels of expertise.
- Responsible for recruitment, reward, training and development of own team
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a performance management framework for the team
- Motivate the team to maintain high morale, low absenteeism and turnover.
- Manage resources and prioritise workloads within the Department to ensure achievement of sales targets and KPIs
- Coach and support team members through regular 1:1 and bi-annual reviews to identify and address development needs and construct development plans which will build a high quality team.
- Monitor team performance and output through use and analysis of performance and quality data, in order to set or adjust targets and measure success against them, and raise the standards in the team.
- Ensure quality staff are recruited into the department by effective interviewing and other recruitment tools in conjunction with HR.
- Liaise with Learning and Development to ensure content of training materials and programmes is of maximum value to staff.
- Represent the SMB Sales team and department on Projects and other ad hoc assignments to ensure SMB Sales needs are represented.
- Provide accurate management information reports on a regular basis and within deadlines to assist management and other departments in meeting their objectives.
- Research and answer complex complaints referred from our SDRs, identifying the causes and taking appropriate action to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Relevant briefings communicated to staff to ensure Company plans and procedural changes are cascaded and understood.
- Work with other managers and stakeholders to ensure SDRs Receive coaching, development and technical support they need
- Proven experience within high velocity sales management role of 2 years
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication, coaching and feedback skills.
- Proven experience within a Sales management environment at a supervisory level.
- Proven track record of managing teams of over 10 people
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges, and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants, and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real-time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest-growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away, and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgment when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion, or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.