Head of Employee Communications
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company.
We're transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. It's a massive task, and one which creates the perfect environment to build a definitive career, driven by impact. Firstly, the impact that working here will have on your development, allowing you to grow faster than you might elsewhere; secondly, the impact that you can have on Deliveroo, leaving your mark as we scale; and finally, being part of something bigger through the impact that we make together in our marketplace and communities.
At Deliveroo you will be challenged but you’ll also be supported. You’ll work with committed and talented colleagues in an inclusive environment where you have the opportunity to deliver career-defining work.
As Head of Employee Communications you will have the opportunity to execute and evolve a strategy for communications spanning 11 markets. The employee comms team was formed in mid-2021 and continues to transform and develop under the leadership of a Global Director of Employee Communications. As the team’s work expands and we look to put more advanced systems and processes in place we now need an experienced Head of Employee Communications to support the advancement of the practice at Deliveroo.
You’ll need to be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and executing but also have the vision and proactivity to design and deliver new approaches.
You will work with the Exec leadership group, GMs and senior leaders across the company so must be comfortable with this level of stakeholder engagement.
You will have an opportunity to have an outsized impact on the trajectory of a company which continues to scale fast. Your work will directly impact the engagement levels of our 3500+ employees as well as ensuring they have the information they need, when they need it. Additionally as we continue to work to solidify our company culture, your role in driving cross company communications will play a major part in driving the right outcomes.
What you’ll be doing
- Running the day to day implementation of employee comms at Deliveroo, guiding and supporting the work of two employee communications managers
- Co-leading leadership comms and Exec engagement alongside the Global Director of Communications
- Evolving our systems, process and channels to meet current and future in needs
- Supporting the Global Director of Employee Comms to embed the business partnering approach within Deliveroo
- Leading on proactive company-wide campaign design and execution
- Partnering with the People strategy team to evolve Deliveroo’s approach to employee engagement and data, research and insights
- Developing creative and engaging campaigns that have cut-through across the business - using a mix of mediums incl video, podcasts, webinars, blogs and direct communications
- Strong, clear, nuanced and versatile verbal and written communicator with the ability to adapt style for a wide range of audiences and scenarios
- Ability to work cross functionally and with senior stakeholders, including Executives, to drive alignment and buy-in
- High EQ - strong ability to understand and tailor efforts to stakeholders with varying focuses and concerns
- Structured thinker with the ability to make clear arguments and outline strategy while seeing solutions through from ideation to execution
- Creative - drive engagement and change through creative approaches and humour
- Strong judgement - able to generally make the right call based on sometimes limited information
- Team Player - low ego, high desire to win
- Campaign experience - ability to drive impactful, evolving communication programmes over the medium to long term
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience of working in employee communications in-house
- Experience of managing a team
Please do remember that this job description is just a guide - if you see something that you’re not sure you can tick off, don’t worry, you can likely learn how to do that here!