ROLE: Analyst, Global Operations (On Demand Grocery)
Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
The Central Grocery team is at the forefront of ensuring that Deliveroo strengthens its position as a leader in the ‘On Demand Grocery’ space.
You will be adept at working independently to diagnose, resolve and report on areas of concern and at communicating proficiently with multiple stakeholders. You will be a subject matter expert and executor, an authority on grocery operations. You will often be the operations voice in the room during meetings with key partners and your ability to influence and deliver a clear message will be key. Central to this role will be the ability to understand problems, test solutions to address them and quickly determine how to scale them.
What you’ll be doing:
Operating at scale in a hyper competitive, hyper growth environment is no mean feat. As such you'll be faced with some of the most exciting problems across the food tech space. Working closely with the central organisation whilst collaborating with local commercial teams, your role is to be a subject matter expert on grocery operations at Deliveroo with deep knowledge of the end to end fulfilment process.
The role will involve:
- Data-driven insight: Provide analytical, data-driven insight to support decision makers inside and outside Deliveroo; Understand underlying drivers of performance
- Analytical rigour: Structure and process data to identify key opportunity areas and outliers, and visualise the analysis in a digestible manner
- Operational improvement: Conduct detailed analysis to understand how we can improve operations in each of our markets. Translating this into actionable insights and working with our global teams to deliver best-in-class service to our (and their) customers
- Influencing to action: Deliver crisp compelling communications and stakeholder engagement to move stakeholders at all levels to action
- Project management and execution: Set clear plans and scalable processes to achieve milestones across markets, supporting the local Deliveroo teams to achieve those goals; Build structured reporting and overall robust process around operational success
- Cross team collaboration: Champion the priorities of our partners when working with both local and central teams to ensure we are providing the best service and value across product, marketing and operations
- Results oriented, eye for detail, data-driven and structured
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- 1-2 yrs of data analysis in an analytical, strategic or commercial role
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Appetite to work in a fast paced and hands on environment
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience within the grocery segment to include a thorough understanding of operations and supply chains
- Experience with forecasting and modelling
- Working knowledge of data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Periscope). SQL a plus
Life at Deliveroo:
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity:
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.