Partner with the Finance Operations Leadership team to Manage the daily processing of all commercial transactional items for Deliveroo globally, ensuring the team is managed effectively, team workloads are covered, and work is completed to a high standard.
Maintain a strong control environment and provide outstanding service to both internal and external customers. Have a strong focus on continuous improvement and work with the Head of Financial Operations to implement positive change.
- Oversee the day-to-day operational finance processes, ensuring workloads are covered and tasks are completed to a high standard.
- Assist the Finance Operations leadership team in managing a team of up to 35.
- Ensure bank reconciliations are produced accurately by the Finance Operations team. This includes helping the team to investigate and clear any outstanding items.
- Oversee the use of our Query Management tools and ensure all queries, internal and external are responded to within agreed SLA.
- Ensure new joiners have the appropriate training and knowledge to perform their roles.
- Review Finance Operations procedures regularly and update as appropriate, adding new procedures where necessary.
- Work closely with the Head of Finance Operations and Finance Operations leadership team in improving the function, proactively identifying areas for improvement and highlighting any inefficiencies in systems and processes to create and operate a global centre of excellence.
- Produce operational reporting including reporting against performance metrics, monitor changes in performance and initiate change to improve performance
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities
- Be a positive role model for the team, supportive to all team members and an ambassador for Finance Operations.
What you’ll need to be great in this role
- Outstanding managerial skills
- A good understanding and working knowledge of all Finance Operations functions, including but not limited to AP (P2P), AR, CC (O2C), Expenses, Payments, Procurement Compliance and Reconciliations.
- Experience of working in a global organisation
- Great at building and maintaining relationships across all areas of the business, capable of engaging effectively with operational stakeholders
- Shows initiative through encouraging and initiating change and challenges the status quo
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Netsuite experience advantageous