Product Manager - People Systems - Enterprise Technology
About the Role:
As part of Enterprise Technology the People Systems team conceives, designs, builds and sustains the people-focused products that enable Deliveroo’s internal teams globally to be productive and be happy. As a group we are embracing and applying Lean thinking to our product strategy and development.
This Product Manager role is a strategic role across the People Systems team, focussed on coordinating and aligning individuals and groups around common goals which progress the direction of people-focused products, and improve the user experience, platform architecture, and value from investments.
As the Product Manager you will be responsible for establishing and proactively developing our strategy & roadmaps across numerous people-focused products, having a substantial impact on Deliveroo globally. You’ll work to coordinate dependencies, facilitate key decisions, resolve disagreements, break ties and get everyone to commit to a plan. The role principally covers Workday as the core people-product but also offers the opportunity and expectation to work with the whole family of people products, and influence related ecosystems.
You will be the go-to person for insight into People Products and will act as an enabler of information between the technical (engineering) team and stakeholders.
This is not an ivory tower role – all of this will be done in close collaboration with the rest of the People Systems Team and People Team. You’ll need to be a great communicator and influencer who can build an atmosphere of cohesiveness and collaboration with the shared goal of driving the People products forward.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Establishing credibility for yourself and the domain while fostering visible Lean Product Management principles and practices including prioritising Customer problem roadmaps over features, valuing data-driven experiments over assumptions, idea generation and collaboration over solution mandates
- In close partnership with your peers - the People System Engineering Manager and People Service management, define, drive and deliver the people-product vision, strategy and roadmaps.
- Drive and consult on key business initiatives, enabled through new or existing applications and technologies.
- Be aware of, and propose, improvements in people-products via new or existing applications and technologies.
- Plan, manage and deliver (up to) large complex initiatives with significant impacts which involve new releases or modules, process re-design or improvement, or policy change or implementation.
- Develop people change management approaches to further the adoption of new or existing features and functions.
- Consistently ensure delivery of high-quality people-product from self and others against unstructured, changing priorities, and challenging problems.
- Serve as the bridge between the technical team and stakeholders; be the "go to" person regarding people-product questions and changes; seek, and act upon, conversations and feedback from stakeholders; and visibly own and deliver the people-product roadmaps.
- Seek and act upon feedback from all stakeholders and product consumers.
- Own the strategic and respective product roadmaps and portfolio, managing dependencies and deliverables, in partnership with engineering leaders.
- Recognised as having expertise across People Products
- Demonstrable experience of people Product Management.
- Knowledgeable and confident practitioner and promoter of Lean and Agile practices
- Confident in effective stakeholder management, dealing with multiple stakeholders at varied levels of the organisation – subject matter experts, functional leads, C-Suite - and going beyond transactional interactions and handling difficult interpersonal situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to effectively frame complex problems, prioritise and structure work, develop and present proposals and reports backed with analysed and visualised data
- Driven, self-starter without requiring close supervision, collaborative, comfortable adapting to change and learning quickly in a dynamic organisation
- An ability to mobilise the team and counterparts around strategy
- A good understanding of common SaaS architectures and the full lifecycle of application management.
- Deep expertise with some of the following:
- Workday (mandatory) including HCM Core, Compensation, Security and Reporting, and Payroll (optional)
- CloudPay or iiPay
- Learning Management Systems
- Active Directory
- Culture Amp
- Commercially astute with a proven track record of risk management
We’re also interested in…
- Experience of influence and partnership without direct authority over people
- Relevant higher education and professional certifications
- A strong track record in the tech-focused scale-up sector
- Experience in estimating the value of software features, and in cost-benefit analysis and constructing business cases
- Experience of managing a product/portfolio backlog
- Solid understanding of cost models