Senior Software Engineer (Automation) - Enterprise Technology
About the Role:
The Deliveroo Enterprise Technology team conceives, designs, builds and sustains the internal tech services powering Deliveroo’s internal teams globally, as we transform the way customers eat. We continually drive service improvements and love to automate.
We are building out a brand new Enterprise Automation team to help our 4000 (and rapidly scaling) employees, wherever they are, across Deliveroo be successful by automating business processes and infrastructure. Examples could be making onboarding seamless to smoothening procurement. To realise our goals we’ll be focused on both conventional Software Engineering (Python) and Robotic Process Automation (RPA). This role is primarily Software Engineering with opportunities to gain experience of RPA. The environment is mostly SaaS and cloud-based. You’ll be responsible for delivery of projects within the team.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Designing, building and operating elegant automation and integration software that makes a difference.
- Gathering requirements and scope out projects with the rest of the team
- Improving code structure, architecture and reliability. Reviewing code of any size or scope produced by the team.
- Providing technical feedback that is constructive and actionable
- Collecting robust metrics, data, and monitoring information from your services, ensuring that if an issue arises, the team is alerted before our users notice.
- Participating in on-call for production issues that may occur outside of standard working hours
- Current or recent experience as an automation software engineer with Python working to a high standard
- You have led a number of high-impact projects within a team, as well as demonstrating a proactive approach to systems scalability and technical sustainability
- A methodical and logical approach to problem solving with a clear sense of ownership. We practice “You build it, You run it”.
- A curious mind that explores all and every possibility for continuous improvement and the ability to think and act conceptually, analytically and hands-on based on hard and soft data
- Confident in Agile practices across the full SDLC
- Pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested software
We’re also interested in…
- Exposure to some of the following:
- Google Workplace
- API development
- Familiar with secure coding approaches
- Good knowledge of data management