Who We Are
Our ambition is to be the definitive food company, feeding people three times a day with great food from the World's best-loved restaurants, all with an unparalleled level of convenience.
From distributed computing to large-scale system design, complex algorithms to beautiful user interfaces, we have teams working on every step of the journey, in real-time, to ensure we continue to offer our customers a growing selection of choice at the best price with a fantastic level of service.
We work with thousands of restaurants worldwide, from renowned local gems to your favourite chains, allowing them to open up a new revenue stream and reach new customers. Our restaurant partners, riders and customers are as passionate about food as we are, and if you want to make an impact on millions of users by solving some of the biggest technical challenges at great scale, come on board and join the ride.
Analytics Engineering is a rapidly growing area at Deliveroo 🚀🚀🚀 The team is a major enabler for Data science, Product Development and Business insight. Our analytics engineers are building out our ETL, ingesting more and more data every day, building data models and data visualisations, all on our leading Cloud native data platform. Having demonstrated great impact, we need even more Analytics Engineers and more Analytics Engineering managers to support them!
You will spend time:
- Hiring and growing a diverse, highly-skilled group of analytics engineers, gaining fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Creating a learning environment for your team while acting as a mentor for analytics engineers and up and coming leaders
- Line managing one or more teams of analytics engineers
- Working with other Analytics Engineering Managers to share knowledge and understanding of multiple business areas
- Contributing to product delivery, by ensuring analytics engineers are in the right place at the right time
- Becoming instrumental in improving and implementing processes and values that scale effectively
- Providing technical mentorship to engineers building and deploying large-scale projects internationally
- Collaborating with cross functional teams including product, design, operations
- Experience managing individual contributors (Analytics Engineers/BI developers/Data Platform engineers)
- Experience being an analytics/BI engineer at a mid/senior level, but is now not looking to do individual contributor work
- Has worked with SQL in the last 2 years
- Familiarity with modern cloud data stack (Snowflake, Prefect, Looker, AWS)
- Has experience working with senior stakeholders in projects, as well as other stakeholders business wide.
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- Is able to bring together a group of individuals from many different backgrounds and skill sets to form a cohesive team.
- Is comfortable managing ICs across multiple teams in different business areas, and ruthlessly prioritising.
- Is comfortable working in an extremely fast, constantly changing environment, with incredibly high standards.
- Has a pragmatic, flexible approach, and most cares about achieving impact.