Network Engineer - Enterprise Technology
About the Role:
The Deliveroo Enterprise Technology team conceives and manages the IT services powering Deliveroo's teams globally, as we transform the way customers eat. We create service improvements and love to automate everything we can on our journey towards reliability.
We embrace the Cloud and don't run our own Data Centres and have a light on-premise networking footprint employing wifi whenever we can. As a Network Engineer, you will proactively improve our Networking environments, facilitating delivery of business projects and providing feedback and support to follow Service Levels. Your support, systems engineering and automation skills will be challenged and appreciated daily. You will report to the Lead Network Engineer.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Be an advocate representing individuals and groups of users to ensure our fellow Deliveroo colleagues receive the best possible IT experience.
- Participate in improving the whole lifecycle of Network services—from creation and design, through to engineering, deployment, with primary focus upon reliable operations.
- Wireless network design (HLD/LLD), planning, testing and surveying
- Configuration management of Wireless network hardware
- Resolve operational incidents and requests rapidly and proactively improve our network environments to avoid & reduce incidents. Domains include office-based networking and Deliveroo Editions, our delivery-only kitchens business.
- Participate in the team's on-call rota
- Maintain services once they are live by monitoring indicators such as availability, ticket trends, and overall service health against SLOs.
- Increase systems sustainably through mechanisms including Python automation and API self-service, and evolve services by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Create quality documentation and records.
- Experience as a successful Network Engineer especially comfortable with wireless.
- Motivated, collaborative and comfortable adapting to change and learning quickly in a dynamic organisation.
- Recent non-trivial coding experience in at least one programming language - preferably Python.
- In-depth engineering experience with some of the following technologies:
- Cisco or Juniper wired and wifi
- Firewalls and switches
- Detailed knowledge of 802.11 protocol stack and excellent understanding of networking fundamentals such as the OSI Model and TCP/IP stack,DHCP and DNS.
- Extensive troubleshooting experience (including when under pressure) including packet capture and analysis
- Comfortable dealing with vendors and comparing commercial offers.
We're also interested in…
- Experience of successfully working in a technology-led business.
- Exposure to any of the following:
- Experience in creating insightful dashboards
- Exposure to Agile, DevOps, SDLC, ITIL and SRE.
- Relevant higher education and professional certifications (CCNP, CWNA, CWDP, CWAP, ACMA and ECSE)
What you'll get
- Working with and implementing modern technology
- Excellent benefits package, including equity in Deliveroo. We want all employees to be invested in the success of Deliveroo, so it's only fair we give all employees the opportunity to own a part of the business.
- Monthly lunch allowance on the 2nd Friday of each month
- Free Deliveroo plus, with benefits such as free delivery on all orders
- Twice yearly performance review to ensure your career is on the right track and enable progression opportunities. Yearly pay reviews to ensure you're compensated accordingly.
- Company bonus scheme
- Flexible cost benefits such as health insurance, cycle to work and employee pension