At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
As the scale and complexity of Deliveroo grow, we’re looking for a commercially-minded Senior Manager, Promo Strategy & Operations to join our newly formed Central Promotions function at Deliveroo.
You will be responsible for crafting and implementing the global promotional strategy for our consumers. You will also drive the creation and evolution of Deliveroo’s promotional strategy across both Deliveroo-funded and Restaurant/Partner-funded promos and discounts. You will help set our experimentation agenda, helping us achieve a deeper understanding of the types of promo mechanics and discounts we should run to drive customer growth, improve value-for-money perception (or drive other key objectives), whilst also being financially sustainable.
You will be an integral part of our newly formed Promo squad, a cross-functional team composed of promo business owners, a product manager, engineers, and data scientists who jointly set their mission, quarterly objectives and work together to achieve them. You will hence have the ability to directly influence our global product roadmap and the launch of new promo-related features and functionality.
Success in this role will require being a confident self-starter, applying a data-driven lens to solving challenges in that space, and driving to fast execution. Our organizational model is centered on commercial teams having a deep cross-functional partnership with product management and technical teammates, and so strong collaboration skills are essential.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own and drive a set of strategic initiatives: frame the problems, approach, priorities, success metrics and report on progress.
- Recommend changes to Deliveroo’s promotional and discounting strategy based on your analysis
- Work with the team to articulate programs of experimentation to deepen our understanding of promos and the role they play:
- Work with Data Science to analyse effectiveness of different offer types/discount depth and mechanics
- Understand role of promos on consumer’s perception of price and value for money
- Understand impact on incrementality
- Collaborate with the Loyalty, CRM, Performance marketing, and local teams to launch experiments
- Work with Product Management to input to technical roadmap definition and prioritization
- Work with Finance, Data Science, and Product teams to introduce tools and processes to systematically measure and assess the effectiveness of discount-related campaigns
- Perform regular competitive benchmarking on offers/discounts/merchandising
- Collaborate with the Regional Promo Manager to run governance processes and tighter oversight of Deliveroo-funded discounting budget to drive smarter investment
What we're looking for:
- 6+ years work experience, ideally in strategy/consulting and/or with relevant operational experience in the promotional strategy/discounting space
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen
- Excellent project management and communication skills including the ability to influence stakeholders
- Can-do, problem-solving attitude, with a bias towards action
Preferred but not required:
- Experience working with multi-country teams
- Experience with marketplace businesses or promotionally-driven high-growth business environments
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.