Kitchen Assistant - Job description
We are growing our Deliveroo Editions family at the Crouch end London Editions site, and we are looking for the right person to join our team.
Delivery-only kitchens have never been higher profile, or more valuable for improving service and selection for customers. The future is even more exciting: bigger brands are joining us, we are expanding locations and markets, and finding new ways to add value and reshape the food delivery landscape. Deliveroo Editions were the world’s first delivery-only kitchens, and we are still the market leaders in helping our restaurant partners succeed.
The Kitchen Assistant role covers a wide range of tasks across the Editions site. You will be responsible for ensuring that the site is clean. You will be supporting the wider operation of the site to ensure that our customers receive the best quality food as quickly as possible from our partners.
A key part of this role surrounds your ability to be able to support in various areas when required to ensure the site performs to the expected standard. There is also the opportunity for further training and development within other aspects of the business.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring that the cleanliness of the site is maintained to a high standard by cleaning as you go throughout the shift as well as regular deep cleaning of various equipment throughout the week
- Working alongside the Site Manager and Assistant Manager to maintain and deliver high standards.
- Opening and closing duties to ensure that the site is safe, secure, clean, maintained and supplies are replenished
- Regular checks of the site with any safety or maintenance concerns flagged to the Management Team
- Running food, when required, from our partners to the dispatch area
- Assisting with the dispatching of orders to the riders
- Cleaning toilets and general areas
- Trained to Food Safety L 2
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proactive and able to take initiatives
- First Aid training ideal (training provided if required)
- Fire Marshal training ideal (training provided if required)
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Subsidised gym membership, cycle to work scheme, private pension and so many more benefits
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
- Great progression scheme within the company.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.