When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you'll be doing:
We’re looking for an outstanding Consumer Communications Manager for Australia. You will be responsible for devising and driving the consumer communications programme for this market, which means creating original and engaging ideas that excite new and existing customers, to drive brand love and make Deliveroo the food delivery app of choice. Whether that’s creating a weird and wonderful dish exclusive for customers, scaling a mountain to make an extreme delivery, or using our data to reveal the kebab capital of the country, no two days are the same.
This is a fast-paced, high-energy role that requires a lot of creativity. You need to understand the consumer and be an active part of a senior team that helps shape our consumer proposition, as well as our communications within that.
You’ll have strong relationships with the media and will work alongside marketing, operational and commercial teams to develop integrated campaigns that support our business priorities.
Reporting to the Global Director of Consumer Communications (in London), you will:
- Devise and deliver high-impact creative PR campaigns, activations and stunts for Deliveroo in Australia.
- Develop specific media strategies for each work stream to maximise impact and coverage across multiple channels.
- Work closely with internal teams to ensure our consumer PR is supporting our business objectives locally and globally.
- Lead communications on new product announcements in a way that makes them truly exciting to media and customers.
- Draft responses and statements for media enquiries, working closely with Corporate and Legal teams to handle reputational management issues.
- Work with the senior leadership team to prepare them for media appearances.
- Manage our Australian consumer PR agency and be accountable for their performance.
What we're looking for in you:
- 5+ years experience in a communications role.
- A creative thinker that understands the strategic role of communications.
- Very organised, used to managing multiple stakeholder groups.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment and comfortable with change.
- Team and agency management experience.
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Additional leave days for years of service
- Volunteering leave to support a charity of your choice
- Health & Wellbeing
- Free access to HeadSpace
- ClassPass corporate discount
- LinkedIn Learning Access
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Amazing HQ offices located in Melbourne CBD
- Excellent kit to enable working from home and a parent-friendly working culture
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefits
- Quarterly celebrations with the wider team, end of year parties & regular social events
Our team is currently working from home in line with the current government advice relating to COVID19; benefits related to working from the office will be available when we return back to the office.
A bit about the Communications team:The communications and policy team is a vital part of our business. It is our job to effectively communicate the positive impact Deliveroo is having for customers, restaurants, grocers and riders; whether by bringing the food people love and need to them where and when they want it, offering work to thousands of riders or helping restaurants and grocers, large and small, to thrive and develop new concepts.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
Apply now to continue the conversation.