Director of Partner Marketing Strategy
We’re looking for a Director of Partner Marketing Strategy to lead B2B2C growth for Deliveroo. This role will partner with central functions & in-country teams to deliver best-in-class growth & marketing strategies that deliver commercial results. You will be responsible for leveraging our partners in our marketing to drive growth, guiding teams on how to balance demand across competing partners, and managing internal and external stakeholders as the expert in partner marketing for the company.
What you’ll be doing
This person will lead and step change partner marketing at Deliveroo, owning the strategy that defines which restaurant or grocery partners pull which levers best, whether they’re independent gems or global strategic partners. You will have a strong understanding of the full marketing mix to develop frameworks and principles that guide the Restaurant & Grocery Marketing teams in market to optimise their joint marketing business plans, and annual marketing calendars, to extract value for Deliveroo and our restaurants and grocers.
You’ll also be adept at relationship building, cultivating strong relationships across our biggest restaurant partners at the global level, understanding how to leverage their scale, reach and channels to drive outcomes for both Deliveroo and our partners through co-marketing activity. Dive deep into the data, and meet with key stakeholders to understand segments, needs, priorities and growth areas. Be the voice of restaurants within Global Marketing, and the voice of the consumer within the Marketplace org.
- Develop and manage the overall Partner Marketing strategy, identifying the role of key partners, and defining the principles of how and when they feature as part of the overall Marketing Plan, ensuring we deliver against partner needs and drive growth for Deliveroo
- Build and grow brilliant partnerships: Work closely with our commercial teams to build and grow relationships with some of our largest restaurant partners, driving collaborative win:win activity. This will include launching big global/national brands onto our platform, as well as building existing partnerships, including providing marketing inputs into key new contracts and contract renegotiations at global level
- Joint marketing business plans - lead the relationship with our priority global restaurants and QSRs to leverage them for growth, building joint annual marketing plans and JBPs. This includes negotiating involvement in brand and promotional campaigns, restaurant specific activity, site-specific targeted support etc. Plans must be both brand-driven and tactical sales driving to provide partners with holistic marketing plans that measurably and sustainably drive transactions.
- Identify and manage commercial marketing opportunities with key restaurant partners to co-invest in Deliveroo and partner marketing activity to drive new customers and order volume to Deliveroo in the most effective way.
- Playbooking - lift & shift best practice, leading the development, implementation & codification of key toolkits, playbooks & assets banks to best support all restaurants and local teams
- Drive a step change in insight-led strategy - lead the way on building insight around restaurants, telling stories with data and building strategy based on this. Create a ruleset around what, and how we share with our partners.
- Cross-functional collaboration - work closely with growth product, performance marketing, CRM, PR & partnerships to co-develop initiatives and activity that best leverage selection and drive engagement with customers.
- Measure, Test & Learn - define & measure the relevant restaurant marketing KPIs. Utilise data-driven decision making to improve the performance of our marketing efforts.
- Coach and manage a team: directly lead 1 Senior Marketing Manager, and coach over 20 Restaurant Marketing professionals based in market
- Senior marketing experience in partner marketing, or marketing strategy roles
- Demonstrable experience of balancing demand or needs from multiple partners, clients etc with clear aptitude to make difficult trade offs and prioritisation decisions between clients when needed to align with our investment strategy
- Experience in the restaurant or groceries industry is advantageous, which you can leverage based on your understanding of the needs or our partners
- Adept at understanding restaurant & grocers needs and viewpoints, whilst being able to concisely articulate strategy & ideas and can persuasively sell these in
- Experience of working with remote teams and have a proven ability of being able to develop strategies & plans that balance global consistency with local nuances
- Confident internal and external spokesperson, able to excel at communicating to any level of the organisation.
- Adept at developing frameworks that can be deployed in multiple markets and are skilled at assessing and reporting on the impact of these activities
- Commercial astute and comfortable with numbers, P&Ls & complex data
- A customer-centric mindset - this informs the choice of partners to collaborate with, as well as the execution of the partnership
- A proactive, can-do attitude, full of great ideas and able to get stuff done autonomously
- Great communication & collaboration skills with a passion for building strong relationships and working cross-functionally in order to establish and meet shared organizational goals
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 12 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.