Head of Commercial, Editions (Deliveroo Delivery-only kitchens)
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Delivery-only kitchens have never been higher profile, or more valuable for improving service and selection for customers. And the future is even more exciting: bigger brands are joining us, we are expanding locations and markets, and finding new ways to add value and reshape the food delivery landscape.
Deliveroo Editions were the world’s first delivery-only kitchens, and we are still the market leaders in helping our restaurant partners succeed.
The Head of Editions for the Middle East will lead all commercial and strategic elements of the business.
Optimise the restaurant portfolio, leading conversations with the biggest brands in the region, bringing new brands onto the platform, and holding a mid-term vision for the portfolio in each site:
- Negotiate commercial terms
- Pursue new growth levers
- Identify and assess new site locations, from customer demand, value proposition, and potential portfolio, working with our expansion and operations teams
- Help decide on entry into new markets in the region and establish our teams
- Owning the markets’ P&L from top line down to Gross Profit, as well as market EBITDA
- Be a senior member of the leadership team in UAE, feeding into commercial and related discussions across the business
- Align directly with the respective General Managers and Commercial Directors
- 8+ years experience in hospitality and/or FMCG, or related field, preferably with a background in finance, top-tier management consulting, or at a market leader known for talent incubation
- 4+ years managerial experience, building, coaching and scaling teams to meet business needs
- Demonstrated success in B2B sales or negotiation and deal structuring
- Financial fluency, with experience in managing P&L’s, balance sheets and budgets
- High entrepreneurialism, and comfort with business development
- Strategic thought leadership, with the ability to build and communicate 6-12 month forward thinking business plans
- Proficiency in stakeholder management (horizontally and vertically)
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Clear and concise communicator
- Comfortable managing teams across multiple geographies and timezones (remotely)
- Preferably, understanding of the restaurant sector in the UAE/Middle East Benefits
- A development culture and expectations of rapid growth
Benefits and Diversity
- 25 days of Annual Holiday Leave
- Work visa
- Comprehensive medical insurance (for employee and dependents)
- Annual home flight tickets (for employee only)
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Maternity & Paternity benefits
- End of year parties & regular social events
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.