Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
Deliveroo HOP launched in September 2021 and is Deliveroo’s speedy grocery delivery service. Our mission is to deliver groceries to customers around the world in as little as 10 minutes - from the weekly shop, to a last minute dinner party or a late night snack. Working with trusted grocers, Deliveroo HOP promises to bring customers the very best products at lightning speed.
The team behind Deliveroo HOP are building a network of stores across Milan, Italy and other markets. Each delivery store is staffed with a team who have been specially trained to manage the operations efficiently as well as pick and pack orders in record time, with Deliveroo’s 100,000 strong rider network completing all deliveries.
We’re looking for people with an exceptional drive and entrepreneurial spirit to join the team at Deliveroo HOP and help us build the leading speedy grocery delivery service. Hungry to win? This is an exciting time to join the Deliveroo HOP team within the broader Deliveroo organisation - we’re only just getting started!
The Warehouse Assistant Manager role covers a wide range of tasks across the Deliveroo HOP site. You will be responsible for the site in the absence of the site manager, ensuring smooth running of the shift, including taking charge of dispatch, ensuring we deliver groceries inline with our KPI’s and liaising with riders. A key part of this role surrounds your ability to step into any of the roles on site.
What you’ll be doing
- Driving KPIs and profitability.
- Conducting weekly warehouse audits to ensure safe trading.
- Conducting monthly Health and Safety audit for the site.
- Ensuring the site standards are followed on a daily basis.
- Working alongside the Warehouse Manager to maintain and deliver high standards.
- Managing a team of 4 or more.
- Opening and closing duties.
- Logging maintenance calls and liaising with contractors.
- Managing ancillary stock and orders.
- Dealing with customer queries,
- identifying & resolving live issues.
- Great knowledge of food safety & health and safety compliance requirements
- First Aid training ideal (training provided if required)
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proven track record of meeting targets and stock control.
- Hospitality background with a minimum of 2 years of management experience
- Flexible working schedule to be able to work over evenings and weekends
- Good computer skills including Microsoft and Slack
- Be able to work under pressure
- Being proactive with great problem solving skills and ability to think on your feet.
- Warehouse experience is nice to have but not required
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.