Deliveroo is a high-growth and customer-obsessed technology company. It's a great place to work.
Business Strategy Managers solve the most exciting and important issues facing the business, and pursue our biggest opportunities. You will work with senior leaders, integrate across departments, bring new insight and drive pace. You will be part of the Strategy and Initiatives team, a high-talent, high-learning SWAT team.
These roles are in the UK & Ireland team: the home market and the largest business for Deliveroo, at the forefront of strategic, commercial and operational innovation.
What you'll be doing
There are two roles available: one leading on pricing, and one on other consumer issues - for example, marketing, loyalty, value proposition, and new products and services.
You will be both a strategic problem-solver and a doer, leading change, mobilising the organisation and taking ownership of the impact.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Strategy: help formulate the long-term vision for the UK and Ireland, and structuring its successful implementation.
- Initiatives and programmes: spotting opportunities, and working them up into new experiments, projects, and major cross-cutting programmes, and leading their execution. You will work with different teams to cut across silos. Over time you will become our foremost expert on the topics you lead.
- Expertise in your area.
- Performance improvement: the separate Strategy and Finance team creates the quarterly and annual budgets, with strategic input. Your role will be to think more holistically about drivers of over/under performance and how we respond to them.
- 3 or more years experience in a highly analytical role - for example, at a leading management consultancy, a boutique consultancy focusing on consumer or B2B2C topics (e.g., retail, FMCG), or an in-house strategic role at a high-talent, industry-leading company with a focus on consumers or B2B2C.
- Exceptional problem-solving, from structuring issues to designing workstreams.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills.
- High drive and grit - as shown by high achievement or successful entrepreneurship.
- Experience collaborating with and influencing senior leaders.
- A pragmatic, commercial mindset, comfortable with ambiguity.
A strong candidate will also ideally have some of:
- Relevant sector expertise in a fast-moving consumer environment, for example in restaurants and hospitality, online marketplaces, hyperlocal businesses, retail, or travel.
- Functional experience, e.g., in pricing or consumer insight.
- SQL proficiency (although most SQL analysis is done by the data science team)
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.