Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you’ll be doing…
We are looking for a Commercial Manager to join our Editions Commercial team. This is a rare opportunity to become a critical member of a rapidly growing, well-funded start-up. As a Commercial Manager for the Editions team, you will be entrusted with a high degree of autonomy to lead strategic planning for high impact projects aimed at maximising sales and operational excellence. You will be liaising with Singapore’s most highly regarded restaurants, to cultivate existing relationships and help them increase their online sales. This is an excellent role for a commercial and outgoing individual who enjoys building and maintaining relationships.
The Editions Commercial Manager will have a broad scope working across 3 key areas: sales and business development, driving restaurant performance growth, and project management of key initiatives. More specifically:
- Actively sourcing for new restaurant and FMCG partners to continue refining the product portfolio, owning the end-to-end deal management process from contract negotiation, onboarding of accounts to execution of marketing launch plans
- Managing relationships with our top restaurant partners through strong communication
- Working with cross-functional stakeholders, including Accounts Management, Rider Operations and Marketing teams to drive restaurant performance growth and improve operational efficiencies
- Actively leverage on data analysis to propose recommendations on maximising brand discoverability and order volume sales potential
- Developing bespoke marketing strategies to accelerate Editions vertical’s growth
- Continuously refine systems and processes to enhance the overall Editions experience for partners, from onboarding to launch and profitability
- Innovating and presenting new ideas to increase growth and efficiencies
- Driving new sampling/ partnership opportunities with established FMCG companies
- Assist the Editions team in Singapore with any ad-hoc administration tasks
Skills you’ll need & Eligibility…
- 3+ years of relevant experience in B2B sales and/or marketplace experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced, self-starter work environment under pressure
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong commercial acumen and comfortable understanding and using data
- Results orientated, hands-on personality, and keen to get involved in multi-faceted fast growing projects
- Interested in food, restaurants and tech start-ups
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Driven, hard-working and proactive individual
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Friday lunches on us from the best local restaurants
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.