When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 6 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 12 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started!
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We are looking for a Business Operations Analyst (BOA) to join our Business Operations & Strategy team based in Milan, office.
The primary role of the BOA is to provide strategic and analytical support to the Commercial team, as well as implementing key processes within different teams to help drive efficiencies and improve ways of working.
Reporting directly into the Business Strategy Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Process efficiency: supporting the roll out of new processes and tools (as well as optimising existing ones) to improve internal efficiency. The idea is to fix the basics, rethink internal processes and gain efficiency.
- Ad-hoc analysis and reporting: supporting Commercial team and Strategy Manager, with ad-hoc analysis and efficient reporting structure.
- Tool support and training: being the point of contact for the use of relevant internal tools including, but not limited to, Salesforce and Showpad. Conducting training to support different teams.
- Special projects: supporting the strategy, execution and reporting of special commercial projects.
The ideal candidate is extremely analytical and process-driven with a strong set of organisational and communication skills:
- 1 year work experience within an analytical environment.
- Proficient in MS Office and G-suite, (Looker is a plus).
- Analytical, structured and data-driven, with a keen eye for detail.
- Strong organisation skills, with the ability to juggle multiple competing priorities.
- Good communicator and relationship-builder, with the ability to manage cross-functional stakeholders.
- Problem-solving lover, with a track record of generating and executing on innovative ideas and solutions.
- Interested in food, restaurants and tech start-ups.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare.
We offer to all our employees:
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Gym and public transport allowances to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.