Data Analyst, Performance Analytics
The Performance Analytics team is responsible for ensuring consistency and adoption in key company metrics to facilitate better and quicker decision making. The team does this by building and maintaining core datasets and smart analytical tools and frameworks.
We are uniquely placed to use data to build a culture of analytical excellence across Deliveroo, with a focus on Finance, Strategy and International Market teams. We’re looking for people with an exceptional drive and entrepreneurial spirit to join the team.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with senior business and finance leadership to create value and business impact through better data availability, visualization and analysis
- Discover, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex datasets to perform ad-hoc analyses and deliver insights to the executive team and senior management
- Understand key financial and growth drivers of the business and provide data driven guidance on key levers
- Identify and specify data needs and quality requirements and work closely with Data Engineers to ensure data is available, accurate and corresponds to the business needs
- Consolidate and distribute best analytical practices from different teams and countries
- Strong problem solving abilities involving identifying the root cause of problems, assessing risks/impacts and determining and implementing effective solutions.
- A good understanding of querying in SQL and understanding of database structure - you’ll be expected to be able to extract the data you need for your analysis.
- Compelling story-telling skills, and an eye for powerful visualisations - you’ll need to translate your findings for all levels of stakeholder (business and technical)
- Good knowledge of Excel/GSheets - depending on the task, there is a good chance that this is where some of your exploratory analysis will take place. Being comfortable with pivot tables and functions will be essential.
Nice to haves:
- Developer experience with a data visualisation tool (Looker, Tableau, Periscope)
- Interest or background in finance
- Understanding of another coding language (Python/R)